Gizmos problems

Noam Toledano

Hi there,
thanks for this great asset!

1. I have a problem with the BD gizmos, when I unchecked the "Show BD icons in scene" the Icon is still showing when the object holding it is not selected, when the object is selected it doesn't show.

2. the gizmos drop down in the scene view is cluttered with all of the nodes of BD making it very hard to find the regular gizmos, it would be nice to have the option to get them out of there or to collapse them in the drop down.

using unity 2019.3.0f3
windows 10

is there a way to fix this on my end?

Glad you're enjoying Behavior Designer!

1. I have a problem with the BD gizmos, when I unchecked the "Show BD icons in scene" the Icon is still showing when the object holding it is not selected, when the object is selected it doesn't show.
Under the gizmos dropdown if you deselect the "Behavior" and "BehaviorTree" scripts from drawing the gizmos it should remove those from the scene. I

2. the gizmos drop down in the scene view is cluttered with all of the nodes of BD making it very hard to find the regular gizmos, it would be nice to have the option to get them out of there or to collapse them in the drop down.
Unfortunately I'm not sure of a way to prevent Unity from populating that dropdown with all of the classes.

Hi Justin,
I'm having a similar problem and i'm having trouble finding a solution. I'm using Windows 10, Unity version 2020.2.1f1 & Behavior Designer version 1.6.7

I have all the gizmos unchecked and the icon set to hidden.
bd_gizmo_0.png

In My preferences i have the Show BD Icons unchecked and Gizmos View Mode set to never.
bd_gizmo_1.png

But in scene view, only the selected behavior tree will hide it's icon, none of the others will.
bd_gizmo_2.png

The main problem I'm having with the chicken is that when I try to edit a child collider size, the icon covers the whole thing, but I can't flip the icon off because I'm editing a collider. My solution right now is to shrink all the gizmos so I can see what i'm working on, but in general i'd like to have the behavior icon off in the scene.

Side note, since the Preferences are global it would be nice to be able to access them from Tools/Behavior Designer or at least from the launch screen since that button can be hard to reach in the editor window if it's not wide enough.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer and for making Behavior Designer!

Hmm, that actually looks like it's a Unity bug. Behavior Designer doesn't actually draw that gizmo - it is done by Unity based on the component icon. Your top screenshot should disable it. The gizmos drawn by Behavior Designer include things like the Can See Object field of view.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer and for making Behavior Designer!
:)