Edit Script and Locate Script not working for custom Task

Zaddo

It has been a while since I touched Behavior Designer. I was trying to view the script for a task, but the Edit and Locate script context options would not work. This made it difficult to find what the task was because the only other clue is the Name, which can be changed.

I found it by searching the source code for the Task Description. It turns out this was a custom task, that I had forgotten I had created. The script was not part of an assembly and I couldn't see any reason why these context options were not working.

Is there something I need to do, to make the Edit and Locate context options work for a custom task?

Behavior Designer Version 1.7.7.
Unity 2021.3.15f1

Edit: I forgot to say that Edit/Locate work for other tasks.

1711976259324.png
1711976281843.png

Can you try regenerating the project files through the Unity tools preferences? Also make sure the correct external script editor is set. I just tried the edit script button and it worked correctly.

Apologies. The file name was different to the class name. I spent hours trying to work out why it wasn't working and never noticed the typo. But with a fresh set of eyes, I spotted it immediately.