Dyanmic Spawning Prefab with UCC/UIS Integration

Eyeshock

So at some point, I'm going to want to look into swapping or replacing the Mesh under the UCC for Classes/Races and Shapeshifting abilities. I figure the UMA integration is a good place to look for this; if there's anywhere else, I'd love to hear some suggestions.

In the meantime, I just wanted to make Spawning work with a UCC/UIS prefab. Below you'll find my scripted sequence, but during creating this, there was a lot of erroneous behavior. I THINK I've covered anything, but I'd appreciate it if there's anything I'm missing or an easier way to accomplish the below.

As of now, this is the order I found:

Pre-Runtime
Activate Scene Camera
Deactivate Opsive Camera (Main)
Deactivate Monitors (Events Only Called If Opsive Camera is Active)

At Runtime
Instantiate UCC/UIS Prefab
Attach Looksource
Activate Opsive Camera (Main)
Deactivate Scene Camera
Set Opsive Camera.character to UCC/UIS Prefab
Activate Monitors (On Set Active Calls Events)
Assign Prefab to UIS Hotbar Script
Assign Prefab as UIS DisplayPanelManager Owner (Otherwise, it sets itself as Owner)
Assign Prefab as UIS Currency Monitor Owner

Some workarounds included having an OpsiveCamera active at Runtime, but I didn't want to get locked on this. But if the OpsiveCamera isn't active when Monitors are active, they do not call OnCameraAttachLookSource.

Is there anything I'm missing or a more streamlined approach to the above?

Thanks in advance. I'll probably revisit this thread for the UMA integration reference for Shapeshifting and Using Dynamic Meshes with the UCC.

I doubt there's some quick 'mesh swap' option for UCC, huh?

I can't see any issues with what you've listed here.

There's no way to swap the mesh of a character during run-time, so your best bet will be to swap the character for a completely separate character. (Prefab variants will help here.)