Drop Items Not Creating Prefab

jlayton75

I have been working to try and get the Drop Items Ability to work. I have it set up exactly like the demo but for some reason it doesn't instantiate the object. I added debugging to ensure that "Drop" is being called. I have attached screenshots and would really appreciate any help on this!

1604367320177.pngzv1604367350174.png

So I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Are you sure that your Inventory has an item collection called "Default" with a "Main" purpose? If it does not, it would explain why the items are not dropped.

The Item Dropper drops all the items in that item collection so make sure you add the item you want to drop there.

Also if you which to continuously drop the item, you must tick the "Drop Copies" field, otherwise dropped items will be removed from the inventory.

Finally on the Item Pickup prefab here are the components you'll want most likely:
1604391824060.png

Note that the Item Pickup Visual Listener is what replaces the model of the dropped item once an item is assigned to the ItemObject component.
The item model prefab is set as an attribute on the Item.

I hope that makes sense. I understand that the item drop & pickup is not very clear. I'll look into improving the documentation for that.

Note that this is just the way we chose to do it but you are completely free to use your own drop/pickup system if it makes more sense for your game.

So I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Are you sure that your Inventory has an item collection called "Default" with a "Main" purpose? If it does not, it would explain why the items are not dropped.

The Item Dropper drops all the items in that item collection so make sure you add the item you want to drop there.

Also if you which to continuously drop the item, you must tick the "Drop Copies" field, otherwise dropped items will be removed from the inventory.

Finally on the Item Pickup prefab here are the components you'll want most likely:
View attachment 4214

Note that the Item Pickup Visual Listener is what replaces the model of the dropped item once an item is assigned to the ItemObject component.
The item model prefab is set as an attribute on the Item.

I hope that makes sense. I understand that the item drop & pickup is not very clear. I'll look into improving the documentation for that.

Note that this is just the way we chose to do it but you are completely free to use your own drop/pickup system if it makes more sense for your game.
I have tried all of these things and nothing is spawning still. I will probably just implement my own solution. Thank you very much for the help!