creating animator controller and animation for fps

tadmarde

hello, the last 4 days i've been trying to create my own animator controller and animation, i have watched the video and the documentation, i really tried but nothing works and i just don't know how to do it correctly. i am using synty character for a fps controller and i just want to do my own animation for the gun but i really don't know how to make it work i really need help please.

Last edited:
What specifically isn't working? Are you familiar with how the Animator Controller works?

I'm a beginner but I believe that I am okay with the animator controller. I am trying to create animation for a new gun but I'm creating them in Unity because I have never been on Blender and the animation never seems to work and play correctly and i think I'm using the right condition but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong

Attachments

• image (3).png
    image (3).png
    24.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image (2).png
    image (2).png
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image (1).png
    image (1).png
    37.1 KB · Views: 3
new problem, when i try to create an animation in unity for my gun and i click record, nothing save, like i did nothing

So the animator doesn't transition to the idle state? For this I recommend that you look at the animator parameters to see what values they currently are. From there you can set the conditions for the transitions based off of the animator values.

new problem, when i try to create an animation in unity for my gun and i click record, nothing save, like i did nothing
This is more of a general Unity question and for that I recommend going to the Unity forums.

the transition works well it's the animation that i can't edit but i think it's because i really need to use blender, i just learned i can't edit humanoid animation

Ah, I see. Yeah, I don't think you can use Unity's built in animation tool for humanoids. I've always used a third party tool for that.

okay I still have a problem, I did all my animation where I can animate humanoid (2 animations, Idle reload) but when I reload the left hand does a weird movement and then it does not go back to Idle when it's finished i don't know what i did wrong

That could be a transition problem. Check your animator controller to ensure it is playing the correct states and not repeating.

thank you now it's working but i don't know why at the end of the reload animation the magazine stay atach to the hand