Cinemachine Integration Troubles

Nicky_g_

I've downloaded the latest Cinemachine, referenced the assembly, changed the view type but I'm confused to where the Cinemachine Brain should go. Should the Cinemachine camera I create have the brain or the camera that has the Opsive Camera Controller?

Also, I'm unable to use the Aim ability or move the camera with the mouse? How can I get that functionality back?

I would like the Cinemachine Virtual camera in the end to function just like the Third Person Combat view type just using cinemachine instead.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You should set it on the same GameObject as the CameraController.

Also, I'm unable to use the Aim ability or move the camera with the mouse? How can I get that functionality back?
Maybe something within Cinemachine is intercepting the inputs? In my Cinemachine test scene I am able to aim. The camera should not be preventing the character from aiming.

After creating a new scene to see if there was some other component messing with Cinemachine , I'm experiencing the same problems.

Is the test scene you used available to download? I would like to look at it to see what a working example looks like.

Here's the Cinemachine scene that I used.

Attachments

• CinemachineScene.unitypackage
    27 KB · Views: 30
Thank you for the scene. The mouse now works as normal, I switched from virtual camera to a freelookcamera and have to had the the head rig bone to the lookAt field.

The aim ability still isn't zooming in like when the camera view type is set to Third Person Action. Do I need to write an new ability that will zoom in like the aim function or is there something I'm missing?

Glad you got it!

Yes, zooming will have to be done manually with Cinemachine as Cinemachine doesn't use a state system similar to the character controller components.