Character builder help

HelloChrisBrown

I've been able to add different characters without any issues, but I have one model that always falls through space. I'm sure there's something with the rigging but can't figure out what that is. I'm using this asset for the character: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/teddy-bear-65748.

And here are the characters children:

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 6.02.52 PM.png

Anyone have any ideas? Again, I can get everything to work with other character models, just not this one.

How does the main capsule collider (under colliders in hierachy) compare to the other models? Are you using the demo controller with demo animations or the bear animations?

Last edited:
I created both with the same character configuration as below. The only difference was the model. The colliders are present on both characters and look the same.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.21.33 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.23.50 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.23.27 PM.png

I may be wrong here but I think using the demo controller with demo animations tends to work well on characters that resemble Atlas proportions. I have had similar issues where using a character with different proportions became restrictive.
However I did fix by scaling bones in the character to closer match Atlas which worked.

The bear of course has smaller legs & scaling the legs to make more human like may not be an option. Could experiment to see the results of rescaling the bone on the legs just a bit longer for more space possibly fixing the collider issue. Again I may be wrong here.

Last edited:
I think you're on to something there. I did a quick test of just scaling the character up (very unrealistically) and it no longer falls through. I'll keep playing around to see if I can nail down which bones/colliders might be causing the issue. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
So playing around some more looks like to capsule collider is getting out of position on play. Two images here. First is before playing and you can see I've adjusted the capsule below the character. Second one is after pressing play in which the capsule switches to being above the character. No clue yet as to why its happening.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 4.01.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-17 at 4.02.05 PM.png

I had a try myself by changing my model to similar proportions to above and had the same thing the capsule collider wont adjust.
I have managed to get closer by re-arranging the fields in first end cap and second end cap of the capsule collider positioner script, I believe this measures the height of the character and adjusts automatically. I tried dragging in the capsule collider as second end cap instead of head and this worked much better. Hopefully Justin will have a better idea.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping @Silver100!

This is definitely a collider issue. If you disable the CapsuleColliderPositioner does it work? I've heard of problems with the positioner with characters that have large heads and I'm not sure why. Can you send that model to support@opsive.com so I can take a closer look? I'll then send you the fix.