[BUG] Capsule Collider Positioner Center Offset does not appear to initialise/function correctly

DankP3

1. Character controller variant (Ultimate Character Controller, First Person Controller, etc).
UCC 3.0.4
2. Unity version (include which SRP, beta Unity versions aren't supported)
2021.3.12f1 HDRP
3. Bug description
Center Offset on the Capsule Collider Positioner does not appear to initalize correctly (Adjust Center Offset method is not called during startup?)

4. Steps to reproduce

Set a center offset, eg. as in the video of -3,0,0 and press play.
Expected outcome is that the collider starts 3 m offset from the player, however, it starts centered.

Add to this a state preset (in the attached video I used (1,0,0) on the Aim ability.
Expected outcome is the collider moves 1m to the right when aiming, however, it moves 4 m (because the centered position is read as -3)

illustration:

5. The full error message (if any)
N/A

EDIT: If this is intended behaviour, perhaps the Offset needs to be zeroed in initialization and/or suitable tooltip

Last edited:
Just a secondary thought (slightly unrelated). When setting the collider to adjust height there is no lateral movement of the collider (when the animation has no root movement). However, without adjustment height, I think it defaulted to the hip, which has idle movement even though no root motion, causing the collider to sway and to create environmental collisions. Admittedly I haven't yet tried setting the default bone to the root, which may be all that is required to stop this, but was that an intended outcome? To have both different.