Attack animation speed difference - preview vs runtime

Stormi

This might be something obvious but I couldn't find an answer in the documentation or elsewhere. I am currently setting up my own animator controller for the third person controller and in regards to the regular sword attack for example I have no problem to include my own animations.

What I don't understand though is why the execution of said animations in runtime is way faster than in the editor preview. Speed setting in the preview is 1.0 and in the blendtree it is 1 as well.

Now I know, that I can just change the speed multiplier within the blend tree to 0.x and I would be able to properly adjust it to my needs. I'd still like to understand though where the speed difference between runtime and preview comes from in order to better understand the character controller in general.

Any input is much appreciated :)

As long as the speed multiplier in your animator controller state is set to 1 the speed should be the same. The character controller doesn't actually do the animation playback though so this may be a good question for the Unity forums.

Ok, I will ask there after taking another look at the animation and everything else myself. But good to know already that a value of 1 within the controller means that it should be the exact speed of the animation itself. That narrows it further down where to look, thanks :)