Arms behind back

Dyrwoolf

Hi,
I posted this as an sub question in another thread but maby it needs its own thread.
I hava a problem with characters arms that twists behind his back when i try to aim/shoot with the bow. I added the assault rifle and that works ok, also sword works ok.
I have changed the chars walk, run and idle animation to animations from mixamo, I dont know if that has anything to do with it, but then i suppose the sword and rifle shouldt work either. Do anyone have any idea what can cause this?
index.php

That looks like it could be IK related. Check that you have added the Bow state to CharacterIK, and that your item is using a MovementSetID of 2.

Also, your character's proportions are significantly different from the rig that was used to create the animations so you may need to use some animations that are designed for your character's rig.

I saw this in the Character IK script, it dosent have any states, as ur script does in the video?
Am I missing something?
I dont work in the demo scene, but have started a blank scene and trying to go along with Your videos.

1546977752197.png

You should add the bow state. I talk about this around this time in the bow video:

Thx for ur fast replies :)
I have done that but it doesnt show upp i the state-list in the Character IK script
1546978397586.png1546978481229.png

I tried with Nolan aswell and got same result there. And with the state I wrote Bow and then h hade to manually add the Bow state to the Character IK states list. It feels like something is missing. Since You alreade have the states setupp in the character IK script, and I dont.
It should work to set this utt starting with a blank sceen? I dont need to start from some demo sceen like You do in the video?
An just for clarification, I have the Third Person Controller, not the whole package.

1546983151571.png1546983342906.png

Got it working. It was this, "and that your item is using a MovementSetID of 2. " I confused it with th characters MovementSetID.
Thx for fast and good support :)

I have this exact same issue! I tried to get an answer and just gave up after a while. Can you explain where to find the "MovementSetID"?
I am so happy I am not alone in the issues you had. I had all the same problems. My "States" list and "Item Slot ID" is empty as well. I thought I was the only one!

I tried changing the "Animator Movement Set ID to 2 but it did not help.
1547004619055.png
Untitled Project.gif

Can you actually explain what you did to fix this?

Last edited:
I think it was there You are actually. But i did some more adjustments, I can se if i can put together how i did when i get home later.

Thsi is how I got it to work.
I first create the character, and then i create the bow like shown i image under here.
1547145163953.png
When I have done this it gets wrong liek image below.
1547145230483.png

When I change the animatior movment set id to 2 it works
1547145337680.png
OBS i change the Bows animatior movment set id, not the characters.
1547145369585.png

Do You get this to work?

That looks like it could be IK related. Check that you have added the Bow state to CharacterIK, and that your item is using a MovementSetID of 2.

Also, your character's proportions are significantly different from the rig that was used to create the animations so you may need to use some animations that are designed for your character's rig.

I had the same issue, was going around in circles trying to figure this out - turns out it was the MovementSetID, so happy this forum exists