Alternative for Decal Spawning

I think the surface system is a truly brilliant feature and very simple to use, but it has one major drawback, and that is the reliance on colliders for the placement of decals. I think we need an alternative, either as a future update or through integration with an asset that offers the functionality, in which decals are placed directly on the mesh renderer. Even very old games I played in the '90s had decals drawn properly on geometry and even skinned characters, so I think this would be of great benefit to UCC and the people using it, I'm sure we can all agree.

I use the skinned decals asset with no issues. The setup is pretty straight forward, and wouldn't require an "official integration" - just create the decal on the OnImpact event. I'm pretty happy with the asset, however the support is non existent FWIW.

Thanks for the responses guys, I think I'm going to give Skinned Decals a try. The only problem is the developer doesn't seem to be answering support requests on the forum. "UV Paint" seems to have a more supportive developer, but the asset itself seems like overkill for what I'm trying to do.