Adding Delay to Teleport

GearedGeek

I'm trying to add a camera fade out for the teleport but with the player instantly getting teleported it's difficult getting the camera fade out set up. And would it be possible to add the ability to interact with the teleport like a door?

Last edited:
I don't recommend modifying the teleport script directly as it'll make updating harder. Instead you should use the same concepts as the teleporter with your own script. The key is to set the CharacterLocomotion position/rotation after the fade has completed. Any fade script that you find online should be able to be modified for this.

Interacting with the teleporter is definitely possible though that'll take some scripting. This page has a guide on how to do that.

Thank you for the heads up. I used the "Set Position/Rotation" action with Playmaker to teleport the player after fading out the camera. I used the "Get Transform" action to get the Transform needed for the "Set Position/Rotation" event. After all that it appears that this custom teleport is working great.