Dodge & target orbit not working.

Hiiyan90

Hi Opsive,

Enjoyed TPC so wanted to try agility pack. In the demo, dodge does not seem to work. Read through some docs, ended up disabling target orbit and now dodge works. But Can not orbit the target so it's hard to aim with melee weapon. Any suggestions about how to fix this?

Using latest of Agility and TPC and unity 2019.4.9f1.

Thank you.

Sorry for poor wording. I mean I have a project with only Behavior Designer and Third Person Controller in it and the integrations. In the Agility demo, the player Nolan will not dodge on space bar. I have not changed anything myself in the project. But when I turn off target orbit ability, the player can dodge again but it's hard to aim at the target since it can not use the target orbit ability.

I hope that makes more sense. I have the latest versions of everything too.

In your demo it's working perfectly. So I am not sure why a fresh project would not be.

Thank you.

Thanks for the details. This is really strange - the ability isn't even trying to be started when the orbit ability is active. I am on vacation this week but as soon as I get back I'll take a closer look at the cause.

I had a chance to take a closer look at this and you can fix it by removing the m_ButtonUp condition on line 340 of Ability.cs:

Code:
                    if (m_ButtonUp[i] &&

Thank you for getting back to me. It seems if I remove that line I lose all input or get an error. Could you possibly be a little more specific? If I remove the line I get an error, and if I remove the line and the following contents (from line 340-348) I lose all input.

Thanks you.

You don't want to remove the entire line - just by removing the "m_ButtonUp &&" condition.

I am not able to reproduce that - with that line removed I can still crouch. What is your stop type?

This is not really an issue for me as I only use the dodge ability for the AIs though.
Also, it's the Height change, not the crouch ability. Sorry for that. When I press "C" it works. But then I cannot disable it.
I guess it's due to the button toggle stop type.

1602893646809.png

Are you running the latest version? I tested with those settings and it worked. We are going to be releasing an updated version soonish so it may make sense to just wait until that version is released since it'll definitely work.

Hi, I sent a fix to Justin on a ticket for dodge that keeps crouch working. Same line of code just needs an extra boolean to disable the mouse up check.