Recent content by Zaddo

1. Z

Upgrade path for dots

Hi Justin, I read your post on plans to release a dots version of behavior designer later this year. I am curious if you have any idea on what upgrade path, if any, there will be for existing behavior trees? At the very least, I expect any custom tasks we have written, will need to be...
  2. Z

How to retrieve active State's for a game object?

How do I check if a State is active on a game object? I couldn't find a method in the StateManager to do this.
  3. Z

Learning multiplayer: where to start?

The PUN option is by far the easiest way to get up and running with multiplayer. If you consider the time the add-on will save you, it is exceptional value. PUN itself is free, for the first 20 CCU's. So you don't have to worry about additional costs until you publish your game. This is a...
  4. Z

[Feature] Get Ability by Ability Index

The Generic ability is very versatile. But if you have more than one, then you need to depend on the index order to retrieve the correct ability. Using order for retrieval can easily lead to configuration bugs. The AbilityIndexParameter would typically be unique for multiple instances of the...
  5. Z

[BUG] Error Caused by Unity's Object Not Supporting C# Syntactic Sugar

@Sangemdoko, thanks that helps clarify the risk. I just finished cleaning up my code. Most of the occurrences were defensive programming and so unlikely to ever trigger. But still I am glad to be aware of the issue.
  6. Z

Okay.... So, monbehavior, scriptableobject, etc. best to avoid null propogating on anything Unity except structs. I have this syntax scattered throughout my code. I am surprised I haven't noticed bugs. Thanks again.
  7. Z

@WeiYiHua That is a scary problem. Thank you for posting this. Since it affects null propogation, does that mean that anything after the "?" will never execute and always just a assign a null to the result? Do you know if this applies to MonoBehaviour's?
  8. Z

Fruit Spawning and Throwing

I recently added two new features to my game. Fruit spawning, which places fruit randomly on the vertices of a plant, and throwing. The UCC throwing ability was really good and I only had to make a few small changes to achieve the result I was after. The game world is persistent and...
  9. Z

How to setup charged throwable?

Thanks Sangemdoko. I was hoping the solution was just configuration. As this is more complicated, I am happy for this ticket to be closed. I will come back to it when I have more time and try your suggestion to use a shootable weapon, or write a custom trigger action.
  10. Z

How to setup charged throwable?

On a Throwable Action, I want to use a charged trigger action. But I can't get it to work with just the left mouse button. In order to work, I must first click and hold the right mouse button, then click-charge-release the left mouse button. Can the charged trigger action be used for a...
  11. Z

TrajectoryObject bounce off vertical walls

I found that TrajectoryObjects were sometimes sticking to walls and over hangs. This mod will adjust the reflection velocity based on the vertical angle of the surface. This stops thrown items from attaching to surfaces they shouldn't. This code change is to the Move method of the...
  12. Z

Possible bug in ItemSlotCollectionView.CanAddItem

Thanks, that works great :)
  13. Z

Possible bug in ItemSlotCollectionView.CanAddItem

I recently upgraded 1.2.15 to 1.2.18. The method CanAddItem in ItemSlotCollectionView now has another condition to check if the item is already in the collection. I am adding a new item to the collection with this bit of code: ItemInfo hotbarInfo = new ItemInfo(item, qty); newItemInfo =...
  14. Z

NPC Movement not working after upgrade

Thanks. I was digging myself into a hole, I needed that prod to get me unstuck. I had a custom ability for the A* agent movement, that was vanilla with some extra features. But vanilla has changed with this update. Apologies for wasting your time.