Recent content by UncleFesterson

1. U

Ragdoll Ability

Awesome, thanks!
  2. U

Ragdoll Ability

Hi, I am trying to get my player character to ragdoll correctly when the ability is activated through a behavior tree. The problem I am encountering is my character will actually ragdoll, but it hovers above the ground when doing so as if there was a collider underneath of it preventing it...
  3. U

NPC Cannot Equip Weapon

That’s okay, I just thought I‘d check here first. I’ll try a breakpoint and then see if it’s something in the script causing that issue.
  4. U

NPC Cannot Equip Weapon

I’m using version 2 still because of some integration incompatibilities. It’s basically just going from having the “Body” item equipped and then switching to any other item. Otherwise the NPC can have like a pistol equipped at the start of the game and is able to put it away (unequip it)...
  5. U

NPC Cannot Equip Weapon

Hi, I present to you yet another problem unfortunately (lol). So about a year ago I was having problems with getting the AI to unequip a weapon and somehow got that fixed. Now it’s the other way around - the AI can go from armed to unarmed, yet going from unarmed to armed does not work. Like...
  6. U

Get Intensity Task

I'm having extreme issues with getting this task to work. Something is removing the "Store Value" float variable every time the task is ran, yet it still succeeds but ends up showing a red exclamation mark during gameplay.
  7. U

State System Preset Error

Okay, thanks for the quick response!
  8. U

State System Preset Error

Has anyone had a problem with this error yet? Assets\Opsive\Shared\StateSystem\PersistablePreset.cs(68,51): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'long' to 'int' Or this error too? Assets\Opsive\Shared\StateSystem\Preset.cs(174,83): error CS1503: Argument 3: cannot convert from...
  9. U

Raycast Direction For AI Car

Is there a way to have the direction for a raycast be calculated for an object that is at a random euler angle on the Y axis? For example, I have AI cars in my scene view pointed in various directions on the Y axis and there's 6 raycasts pointing out at slightly different directions facing...
  10. U

Disable Ability During Runtime

Hi, I have an issue where a UCC AI character spins around in its seat extremely fast when riding in an RCC car. I have pinpointed it down to the Nav Mesh Agent Movement ability causing this since disabling it before running the game makes the AI character function as intended (even though that...
  11. U

Sit Ability

The drive ability finally worked for me, thanks!
  12. U

Sit Ability

How do I make my character or an AI agent sit in a chair? I’ve tried the interact ability which does not work and I’ve created my own sitting ability which also does not work.
  13. U

Detain System

Yeah, I think it may be just the follow task - I’ll try using something else there. Thanks!
  14. U

Detain System

I think I got that part fixed now - the AI cop “handcuffs” the criminal and successfully completes the task. But when it moves to the next task that’s when nothing happens. It goes Start Stop Ability > Follow and gets stuck on the walking back to the police car segment. Both the cop and...
  15. U

Detain System

Hi, I am having an issue with this police AI detaining system that I am implementing using the Ride and Rideable abilities (I tried making new abilities, but failed miserably thanks to my inferior understanding of scripting). Right now the cop NPCs can “detain” both the player and other NPCs...