Recent content by ttesjt

1. T

What is the easiest way to make ThirdPerson' Yaw Limit relative to character' front in ThirdPersonController?

Hi there. I am trying to restrict the camera' horizontal(Yaw) rotate limit to -90 to 90; I am using Third person adventure view type. For what I noticed, the yaw limit will be set to a fixed angle range at the start of the scene. If my character rotates, the angle limit for the camera actually...
  2. T

A strange error.

awesome. No I am not able to reproduce the error consistently. It so far happens pretty randomly. (Super rarely too). I will wait for the update. So exciting for it!
  3. T

A strange error.

The error I experienced looks a little bit similar to this post. http://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/ucc-locomotion-critical-error.9188/ This is the behavior: The camera suddenly stop moving. (It doesn't move, does not rotate.) The character will still response to the inputs. The...
  4. T

Question about sliding. (Not the ability)

Hi thank you for the reply. Sorry for the confusion. I now believe the "natural slide" is an buggy behavior. Now it's gone so everything is good! What it did was "without add slide ability, the character slides naturally on slope" I think it must be some physics glitches. Not necessary a problem...
  5. T

Question about sliding. (Not the ability)

Hi there, I am using the "Third Person Adventure" movement type. Without the actual "Slide" ability, my character used to slide on slopes. I liked this slide because it prevented the player from being able to "jump climb" steep slopes. However, I don't know what I touched, but the character...
  6. T

What "Character Locomotion" properties are timesteps dependent?

Hi all! I have noticed that some properties are dependent on the timestep. So far I have found: gravity, motor rotation speed are in this category. Is there a full list of properties that is timestep dependent? I am no way more knowledgeable than you guys but I recently had this thought. Why...
  7. T

What is the standard way of detect additional player input inside a ability?

Thank you Justin! Very helpful!!
  8. T

What is the standard way of detect additional player input inside a ability?

Hi! I have an ability called "jump catch". it has two part where first part is jumping, and second part is catching the object that is above the player. What I want is when player press "jump", it jumps, but only catch when player press "Fire1" at a certain height range. So I have the question...
  9. T

What is the standard way to limit character rotation speed?

Never mind. I was silly. It's just the MotorRotationSpeed now.
  10. T

What is the standard way to limit character rotation speed?

Hi! In one of my ability, I don't want my character rotate that fast. I was initially following this document "New Ability": https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/character/abilities/new-ability/ In the document it gives an example using...
  11. T

CanStartAbility() is called and returned true but ability is not starting and AbilityStarted() is never called?

Cool. Me being lazy. I probably should get my hands dirty. Hopefully not some silly mistakeso_O
  12. T

CanStartAbility() is called and returned true but ability is not starting and AbilityStarted() is never called?

Thank you for the reply!! Sorry for the confusion. Let me explain my problem in a simpler way: So , I am trying to start abilityB using abilityA. abilityA is an item ability. and abilityA will stop itself and then start abilityB in abilityA's update if some conditions are met. The abilityB'...
  13. T

Hi all, I am having a weird problem today. I have an item ability "Hold" and when some condition is met, the item ability will stop itself, and then start a new ability. I have something like this in the "Hold": public override void Update() { base.Update(); if...
  14. T

Where is the MinMaxFloat definition and how to modify it?

This is great, thank you:LOL:
  15. T

Where is the MinMaxFloat definition and how to modify it?

Hi!! I am recently working on viewType. Where I want to dynamically change the yaw and pitch. so I want to modify the minmaxfloat type of variables. I can not find the definition of it or any documentation of it. Sorry if this is silly. What is the easiest way to modify the MinMaxFloat type? Or...