Recent content by steve54321

1. S

Keeping velocity when floating origin repositions

I am happy that it worked out for you! My floating origin code checks for reposition on each Update() call and calls onOriginReposition callback within this Update().
  2. S

Hey, maybe Andrew can help out here, too. Did you verify that the halting only happens on reposition of the floating origin? I did not have any problems with the camera (I am using FPV and TPV. fyi: my floating origin does only do repositioning and not do any reset of rotation). Here is my...
  3. S

Post processing effects on the First Person Camera get switched off in Third Person

>> Post processing effects assigned to the First Person Camera (beneath the character’s camera) will affect the scene >> AND the first person arms/items. I need post processing effects that also affect the arms and weapons (f.e. Vignette or Brightness changes) so I need to put them on the first...
  4. S

Post processing effects on the First Person Camera get switched off in Third Person

We have several post processing effects that should affect the scene and the arms/items and put them to the FP camera. However when switching to third person view, the first person camera gets swiched off, also disabling the post processing effects. Before we switched to UCC, we kept the first...
  5. S

After some debugging it seems to be the springs that cause the hitch on setting a new position. In detail the code here private void FirstPersonPerspectiveItem.SnapSprings(bool fromEquip) ... m_PositionSpring.Reset(); m_RotationSpring.Reset(); m_PivotPositionSpring.Reset()...
  6. S

Awesome thanks, with also copying the GravityAmount in the next update the falling is now smooth, too. There is one (minor) flaw: when there is a reposition and the player is in first person view, falls down and has a weapon equipped (f.e. the assault rifle) the weapon gets noticeable...
  7. S

Thank you very much, that fixed it partly! It seems I also need to copy over the CC.MotorThrottle in the next FixedUpdate(), else without setting the MotorThrottle I get a small hitch on reposition. This fixes the reposition on walking/running. But the problem still exists on falling. Is it...
  8. S

We are using a floating/moving origin approach whenever the character gets farther away from the origin. On reposition of the origin, we use CC.SetPosition(<newpos>), but this brings the character to an abrupt halt (f.e. while running or falling). How can we keep the velocity of the CC? I...