Recent content by Steen Petersen

1. S

Duplicate Behavior Tree

I dont know why it saying I have scene references since I havent set anything and im trying to get them at runtime.
  2. S

Duplicate Behavior Tree

I have now made a a script that holds the references to the necessary gameobjects in order to feed the info to the behaviorTree when it starts up as per your linked documentation. I made a tester Action called EnemyRef which looks like this: public class EnemyRef : Action {...
  3. S

Duplicate Behavior Tree

Hi Justin, I would really suggest making a more comprehensive explanation of how to do this, as it is not as intuitive as this answer makes it seem. I made a new character and gave him a behavior tree where I then set an exported behavior tree to be the external tree. Because some of the...
  4. S

Really having a hard time getting this to work, not intuitive at all

Hey thanks for the feedback, as for Flee I would guess one of the main issues at least with Astar pathfinding is this: It's trying to set its flee location outside the grid for some reason, isn't making a check for nearest walkable node
  5. S

Really having a hard time getting this to work, not intuitive at all

1) Why wont the lower picture not override the upper picture since I set the sequence to abort lower priority things? 2) why does the lower one (highest priority since its on the left) not recognize "collisions" with the obstacles layer at all? Absolutely sure the layers and tag are spelled...
  6. S

Why can I not make my own Compare Value?

Why is it that when I copy and paste the code from CompareFieldValue and make my own CompareValue they dont react the same in behaviourTree? the only difference is: in CompareFieldValue the return statement is: return fieldValue.Equals(compareValue.GetValue()) ? TaskStatus.Success ...
  7. S

Keep an enemy facing target

It does rotate, but only once, I need it to keep rotating if say, the character moves position while it is pursuing. Is rotate towards supposed to keep rotating in the situation above if I had no repeater?
  8. S

Keep an enemy facing target

Hi, I'm unsure how to properly go about this as this is my first few days using this asset, but I am using rootmotion on my enemies and I can get them to move very well and all but I get stuck in a sequence of my tree because in order to get the enemy to keep facing the player, I set a...