Recent content by SemaphorGames

1. S

General Performance Question

Also do you have any advice on navigating the Profiler to help identifying the problem areas of the trees? I can find lots of BehaviorManager.RunTask() and RunParentTask()s that use a lot of CPU, but I don't know how to identify which tasks the profiler is referring to.
  2. S

Hmm ok, so just to double check the Conditional Aborts only check Conditionals that are direct children of the Conditional Abort Sequence? If so then I don't think there's anything I can do about my conditional aborts. With regards to Task Switching, I want to traverse tasks as little as...
  3. S

After going through my Behavior Trees a bit more, from what I can tell all the "Both" Conditional Aborts I'm using are necessary. For example, in this section of my Attacking Behavior Tree: 1. Checks if the Player is detected by the Enemy 2. Is a infinite repeat loop to continually attack the...
  4. S

Hello, I seem to be getting a decent performance hit from my Behavior Trees. I have a strong feeling that I'm doing something/multiple things very wrong to get this performance drop. The profiler shows ~35% total in BehaviorManager.Tick(), expanding the hierarchy is a big mess of...