Recent content by rsoult3

1. R

Prevent Camera From Looking Underwater

What would you suggest for doing that? I would like it to work just as it does for solid objects. The move function on the base class does not reference solid objects for it's SphereCast, just the invisible layers.
  2. R

Prevent Camera From Looking Underwater

Much like the Zelda games, I do not want the camera to look underwater. I know the camera will not look through items in the SolidObjectLayers LayerMask. If I add the "Water" layer to SolidObjectLayers, then the camera will not look under the water. The problem is now the character can walk on...
  3. R

Change Particle Stream Pitch?

Thank you. I created a new state that does not limit the Upper Arm Weight and Hand Weight so that they would point with the camera. That worked to get the animation the way I want.
  4. R

Change Particle Stream Pitch?

I want to use the Particle Stream but be able to change its pitch (up and down). By default, it always points straight ahead, and can be rotated around the Y access with the mouse. However, guns (like the assault rifle) can be pointed up and down as well by the animator pitch parameter. I know...
  5. R

Height of Short Climb

It was not the root motion exactly. It looks like the animator did not know what to do with the height of the object I was trying to climb. Perhaps it did not fit any of the animations? The value it was being fed was 1.189724. This seems to have confused the animation controller. I fixed it by...
  6. R

Height of Short Climb

I have a character about 75% the height of Nolan. When the character climbs the short climb in the demo, her arms and legs end up inside the object she is climbing. However, when I make the object shorter so that it fits where her arms and legs are placed in the animation, she does not climb up...
  7. R

Hang Slides Slowly Down

When I first hang the character jumps up and grabs the ledge like she should. Then the character starts to slowly slide down until she finally drops off. I have been comparing her to the settings on Nolan (who works fine), and I can not figure out what is going on.
  8. R

Adding A New Weapon To Death Match

I have modified the original prefabs. I am just trying to add a new weapon to the layout. How do I make sure this new item is in all items? Is there a tutorial on how to add a weapon to a character so that determine weapon equips the right one?
  9. R

Adding A New Weapon To Death Match

I am trying to add the bow as a weapon that can be used in death match. I added the weapon to the agent, but I am still getting exceptions. Is there a nice tutorial on how to do this? I am just flying blind here. I added the item here, but I am still having issues. This is my current...
  10. R

Prevent Impossible Cliff Walking

Is there a way, that if the character only has one foot on the side of terrain like this, and the slope is greater than some value, that they just turn into a rag doll and fall?
  11. R

[BUG] 2020.3.21f Can Not Run Demo, Freezes When Play Is Hit

There are some errors about import mapping. It used to just work right out of the box. Is there a handy guide to getting it to work in Unity 2020?
  12. R

So I just installed it in 2019 fresh and it still works fine there. I can still not get 2020 to work at all.
  13. R

Version 2019 never had an issue. I just started to use this in version 2020. I can not get it to do anything. I created a new project using the standard render pipeline. I installed a fresh copy of the latest version of the third-party controller (2.4.2). Then I opened the demo and hit play...