Recent content by Pat

1. P

SetPositionAndRotation without resetting the vertical view direction?

I found a way that is working for the time being. I have implemented a new view type which ignores resets, change to that before teleporting, disable the animator monitor (so that it doesn't act on the event), call SetPositionAndRotation with snapAnimator=true and finally change the view type...
  2. P

Thanks Justin. I also noticed that SetRotation has the same issue (supposedly because it uses the same functionality internally). Is there any way I can work around that for now and rotate my character via code without having the animation being reset?
  3. P

Thanks Justin, I got it to work with your approach. Though I recognized that snapAnimator=true is not what I want, as this resets the animation (sorry, that one's on me - not my brightest moment when thinking about *seamless* transitions). Unfortunately, without snapAnimator=true...
  4. P

I'm calling it during OnTriggerEnter. In an attempt to understand what is going on, I've also tried SetPositionAndRotation in Update, FixedUpdate and LateUpdate, but it doesn't change the outcome. It also reproduces in a freshly created project with only UFPS v2.2.5 imported, Unity...
  5. P

Hi, I'm trying to implement seamless portals. For that, I'm using SetPositionAndRotation(newPosition, newRotation, true, false), so snapAnimator is set to true in case this makes a difference. Teleporting works fine for the position part and the rotation, apart from the vertical view direction...
  6. P

Moving Platform: Know when it's moving?

I have a level segment where a bunch of platforms out of a larger group of platforms are triggered at random. For now I only want to trigger those who are not yet moving already. For a visual clue, take a look at Star Wars Rebels episode 6:
  7. P

Make character stagger to left and right

Hi, I want to make my character stagger. In UFPS 1.6 (prior to the great rewrite and integration with TPC), the Bob property of the camera did exactly that. Setting the x-rate to 0.1 and the amplitude to around 40 had the desired effect of the character doing a sidestep left or right every few...
  8. P

Effects: Can they block abilities?

Thanks Justin, I'll look into it :)
  9. P

Effects: Can they block abilities?

Hi, I want to implement a drunk effect on the player. During the drunk effect being active, some of the players abilities should be stopped and blocked from starting. I'm aware that blocking abilities is a thing for abilities (ShouldStopActiveAbility and ShouldBlockAbilityStart) - but can...
  10. P

Thanks Justin, I appreciate it.
  11. P

Hi, Is there a way to know when a MovingPlatform is actually moving? Would be quite helpful. At the moment I'm checking if the MovementType is not Target (it's always moving in that case) or if GetRemainingDistance() > 0.01f: public bool IsMoving { get {...