Recent content by leissler

1. L

Error when installing UCC integration with UIS

So you can simply upgrade the integration package?
  2. L

My guess is that "Item View For Shop.prefab" is missing some sub-prefabs. What could cause that?
  3. L

Input System as default

Ok, I guess that didn’t convince you
  4. L

[Request] UCC 3.0

Netcode for GameObjects is the new kid in town. Might be worth a look and thought to support it out of the box.
  5. L

Unity 2021.3.4 LTS First installed UCC, then UIS, and then the integration package. This gives me the following error in the console: ---------- Problem detected while importing the Prefab file: 'Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/UltimateInventorySystem/Demo/Prefabs/UI/Item...
  6. L

Animation states

Alright. That would be the traditional way. Create an extra parameter "Drunk" (e.g. float) and have a drunk ability set the parameter (Interesting that we speak of drunkenness as an "ability" :D ). I would just have hoped that UCC has some kind of animation state system and it wouldn't need to...
  7. L

Animation states

I have a prototype where I'd like to have a pirate character increasingly drunk, the more rum he's had. I could download several of these drunk animations from Mixamo for testing. Now when the character walks, runs (and probably in other animations) the "drunkenness" should be blended into the...
  8. L

Feet always above ground

I think a custom ForwardLookSource could be the best solution here to use any external camera system. That was the whole point of this thread: To give users the choice of any camera system, without having to use the Camera Controller component. I'll try to implement it, which shouldn't be rocket...
  9. L

Feet always above ground

That works in the sense that the characters' feet are now on the ground and it's controllable by input. It does look pretty funny, because the character is looking toward his feet (setting the body IK sliders to zero is the right solution for that?) and walking to the left/right makes the...
  10. L

Feet always above ground

Why does the input then not work without a View Type entry in the Camera Controller component? What would I have to do to use a LocalLookSource? Add a Local Look Source component to the camera? And then what?
  11. L

Input System as default

Game Creator 2, which I use in some projects, solved it through a dependency. When you install Game Creator 2, it automatically installs the dependencies, including the input system. That works pretty well. All the demo scenes rely on that input system, and in the player settings of the project...
  12. L

Input System as default

I've just tried the new Input System integration and it works like a charm. In the meantime, the Input System really does not deserve the word "new" anymore as it is pretty advanced and stable. Our students even create Nintendo Switch games with it. So I would think the time has arrived, to make...
  13. L

Feet always above ground

I dug through the source code a bit. To make it work without an ILooksource (like the Camera Controller) you could have some default/dummy ILooksource implementation that just makes the character look forward. My guts tell me that this would just cost a few IF clauses at the right places in the...
  14. L

Feet always above ground

Sounds fair enough. The HipsPositionOffset would make the system more flexible and Synty characters are pretty popular nowadays. Anything that loosens the dependency between camera/view and character controller would also strengthen the system. It would be great if a newly created character...