Recent content by Jono not Bono

1. Jono not Bono

Can't seem to walk up or down stairs...

Thank you. That’s brilliant. I would never have asked for help on stairs if that was in the manual a few days ago! Excellent!
  2. Jono not Bono

I've just started a new project, Am going to only load in the Farmhouse asset, I will also import UCC (and the adding), then I will import a prefab of Nolan. Then I will see if anything works (just to clarify or iron out any potential problems that maybe cause by my other project. Just trying to...
  3. Jono not Bono

Ok, so I tried using a cube, disabling the mesh renderer of the cube and made sure the box collider is over the stairs and still no joy. So I have taken a screen shot of the colliders that come with the stairs asset in case that may reveal anything that I am doing wrong. One photo shows one...
  4. Jono not Bono

Interesting. So this is what everybody has to do with all assets that involve steps and stairs? Serves me right for assuming that the colliders in the stairs would be detected by the character controller and then the character would have no problem walking up or down the stairs.
  5. Jono not Bono

Every time I open Unity (and a project trying to open Swimming Demo), screens are turquoise...

It really was frustrating and such a waste of time. Well, I actually started learning a lot more about Unity so I guess it wasn’t a waste of time. Just infuriating. The worst thing about these kinds of problems is not actually having a definitive answer to the problem. Anyway, this thread can...
  6. Jono not Bono

Hey guys, I've been busy learning how to build a few things and I have been trying to simple walk up and down sets of staircases with some assets I have bought. I have tried a tower which has stairs and I have also tried staircases from an asset pack I bought called Retroframhouse by a dev...
  7. Jono not Bono

Every time I open Unity (and a project trying to open Swimming Demo), screens are turquoise...

I now no longer have this problem at all. And the fix for it, (of which nobody I have spoken to has given a reason nor knows what has caused it) is to complete erase all traces of unity. Not just uninstall all versions, but also use an app called Clean My Mac. Repair persons, disk permissions...
  8. Jono not Bono

Weapon wheel, holstering weapons and levelling up systems...

Ok great. Just wanted to know it's possible!
  9. Jono not Bono

That's what I think too. I am so new to Unity that I am currently using my Mac Pro that I use for Audio Production (I have 3 x 12 core Macs each with 128gb of RAM and networked to utilise every core and have super fast performance... but this is for audio and the GFX side of things is a little...
  10. Jono not Bono

Weapon wheel, holstering weapons and levelling up systems...

I'm slowly getting there with getting all of the UCC demo features/abilities working (including some of the add on packs abilities from Agility and Swimming) but I'm curious about a few things/abilities/features and UCC. When in 3rd person perspective, it would be great as you switch between...
  11. Jono not Bono

Yeah I posted on the Unity Forums yesterday but haven't had a response yet. When I do I shall be sure to post anything about it here. To be honest, if you don't know what the cause is, I doubt many other people will! As a test, after writing the above post, I left Unity open when I went to...
  12. Jono not Bono

Horse Animset Pro Integration

Talk about good timing! This is amazing to read! You are all rockstar coders man. Respect!
  13. Jono not Bono

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help identify what a problem is I'm having? I'm trying to open The Add On Swimming Demo scene in a brand new Project (I set it up yesterday and it was working perfectly) and both my scene screen and Game screen are turquoise. I don't know what's causing it...
  14. Jono not Bono

Jono World. I'm at the start of my Unity adventure...

Hey all. I started using Unity 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. I actually write music for film and TV and currently studying an MFA in Video game music. It was actually my MFA that led me to Unity because when I started learning about FMOD I now have started learning Unity so I can understand...
  15. Jono not Bono

😂

😂