Recent content by JamesG

1. J

[BUG] Character gets stuck in wall

I adjusted the Motor rotation speed from 10->30 and this did prevent the character from getting stuck in the corner but this has a very noticeable side effect of no longer smoothly rotating when sliding along the wall: Default values, character rotation along the wall is smooth: Motor Rotation...
  2. J

Justin, As mentioned in the original post adjusting the capsule collider Center z-axis property results in the character getting stuck in walls. The repro steps are detailed in the original post but all you need to do is adjust the collider z axis property, run the game and walk into a corner...
  3. J

Understood about not being able to do anything about the Unity black box. Another way to mitigate the feet hanging off the edge of a ledge is to push the capsule collider slightly forward in the z-axis. The problem with this solution is that the character will get stuck in the wall as described...
  4. J

Thanks for the reply Justin. The lower slope minimum limit does work in the situation above but in practical terms, the side effects may not be desirable. Low grade ramps will cause the character to slide down them, for example in the UCC Demo scene a minimum slope value of 29 or lower will...
  5. J

So after further testing in the demo room, I was able to still repro the issue because the Slide.CanSlide() function fails the slope check: It appears that the m_CharacterLocomotion.GroundRaycastHit.normal is picking up the edge of the box collider for the ShortClimb object.
  6. J

Thank you Justin, this worked out!
  7. J

I am also using the default settings from the Climb demo. The slope check will also cause slide ability to fail. The following code screencap was taken while debugging so you can see the values(in grey next to the code) at the time it failed. If it doesn't fail the slope check, it can fail...
  8. J

Thanks for the reply Justin. In the Climb Demo, the Slide ability is already applied to the character and the floating is still possible. Perhaps some of the properties need to be adjusted? Unfortunately my attempts did not yield results. It fails the CanSlide() check in this bit of code: //...
  9. J

This is not specific to the Climb pack but this is where I reproduced this: Open the Demo scene in the Climb pack In the Hierarchy, expand Nolan->Colliders and select the Capsule Collider gameobject In the Inspector, for the Capsule Collider component set the Center Z property to 0.2 This will...
  10. J

Ladder Issues

Make sure the Object ID matches the Ability Index Parameter Ladder = 501(Will need to add an Object Identifier component to the Ladder in the Demo or leave as -1) Short Climb = 502 Free Climb = 503
  11. J

Camera Rotation dependent on frame rate

I was also having framerate dependent look speed when using Rewired. The fix for me was to move the following lines from Update() to the top of FixedUpdate() in PlayerInput.cs In limited testing, I have not seen any adverse side effects and the look rotation is now consistent across varying...