Recent content by GreedyMerchant

1. G

Changing the materials of game first and third person gameobjects

Thanks for the advice. I got it working by listening for the OnPerspective changed events and reapplying the material when it was called. I appreciate the help.
  2. G

Changing the materials of game first and third person gameobjects

I'm trying to make a game character who can turn mostly transparent. I am currently doing this by manually switching the materials on all the characters meshes. This works fine except when it comes to the arms: toggling the transparency causes the third person arms to be visible when they...
  3. G

What's a good way to do server side logic in the PUN multiplayer addon?

I realize this is a very open ended question, but is there a good way to do server side logic when using the Opsive Character Controller with the multiplayer addon?
  4. G

Custom spawn managers not working

I added a null check and it works now. I appreciate all the help. Sorry for wasting y'alls time.
  5. G

In this demo scene it is meant to be null and should just result in the function returning the game object instead of the object listed in the switch. I'll add an explicit null check to ensure that isn't what's causing problems. I appreciate all the help.
  6. G

It is definitely the right character prefab. It works perfectly when using the Single Player Spawn Manager but falls apart whenever custom logic is added.
  7. G

Yes to both, I've been trying to get it to work for days. Steps to reproduce are simple: 1. Install the latest versions of Ultimate Character Controller and PUN Multiplayer Add-on. 2. Create a new C# script called MySpawnManager and copy and paste the above code into it. 3. Go to the DemoRoom...
  8. G

I can't get my custom spawn manager working. When I use it in the demo scene nothing spawns (none of the public gameobjects are null). What am I doing wrong? using UnityEngine; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.Multiplayer.PhotonPun.Game; using Photon.Realtime; public class...
  9. G

Sniper rifle first person gameobject remains visible while zooming

Also, the scope material apparently has a lit shader because you can only see through it when in a brightly lit area even when it's pointed towards a brightly lit area.
  10. G

Sniper rifle first person gameobject remains visible while zooming

I'm using the Opsive UCC with the Unity Universal Render Pipeline and when I zoom in the scope in the demo scene or in my scenes the sniper rifle remains visible causing the scope to block the players view while zooming with the sniper rifle. How do I fix this? Thanks.
  11. G

Flying Ability

Did you guys ever release a flying ability?
  12. G

Does the Ultimate Character Controller support custom key bindings?

Does the Ultimate Character Controller support custom key bindings and if so how do they work?
  13. G

How set up buttons for use in UCC?

I was unclear, sorry! By buttons I meant the UI Element not the input mapping. When I use UI Buttons in a scene with UCC controller characters the buttons can't be pressed and mousing over them doesn't change their color the way it should.
  14. G

How set up buttons for use in UCC?

I'm trying to set up a pause menu in unity but I can't get the buttons to work in the scenes with Ultimate Character Controller characters. How are the buttons in the demo scene set up?
  15. G

How do I disable controller use?

In my game if a controller is connected to the computer and the player hits a button on it the game will assume that the player is using the controller for input. This is a problem since my game doesn't support controllers and I want to stop it from happening. How would I do this?