Recent content by forzabo

1. forzabo

Simple FPC integration for Edy's Vehicle Physics

No problem. Let me know if you have any questions.
  2. forzabo

Custom ability deletes itself on scene reload.

I ran into this issue (or something very similar). Ultimately I resorted to making the character and supporting gameobjects persistent for the entire lifecycle of the game. A bit hacky, but... you know, deadlines....
  3. forzabo

In the scene, I've added a plane well below the main scenery. This is where the Opsive character will hang out while the car is active. Leaving the character active but out of sight may seem a bit hacky and a kludge, but it works and simplifies a lot of things. For example, the character...
  4. forzabo

Here's where I diverge from Redhawk. To the car I also add a copy of my rigged character model, but without any of the Opsive stuff: This dummy driver has its own simple animation controller (it simply goes from entry to a driving idle pose), importantly, IK pass is enabled on the base layer...
  5. forzabo

I've successfully created a simple integration for Edy's Vehicle Physics for Opsive UFPS/ FPC. I wrestled around a good bit with Redhawk's EVP integration but ran into several issues and couldn't get it to work. For my needs I really don't need the character to do anything other than be able to...
  6. forzabo

Another Equip Problem

Justin -- Thank you. I didn't really completely understand your response at first, and while all the necessary clues are in the docs and the code, It took me a while to piece this together. For anyone else looking for a simple solution to force equip an item at any arbitrary time, here's how...
  7. forzabo

Another Equip Problem

Thanks Justin -- yeah, as you've surmised, I've stepped through the troubleshooting steps on that page multiple times. I have toggled off the wait for animation events, etc. I'm curious what internally is the logic that differentiates "toggle item" from "next item" and "previous item" -- it...
  8. forzabo

Another Equip Problem

I've got another baffling issue with equipping & unequipping an item. The character has a default slot 0 melee weapon, which is configured to not be droppable. Then there is a throwable grenade-type item that the character can pickup & equip -- also slot 0. The first time the character...
  9. forzabo

Force equip item after dropping equipped item?

That's the hint I needed. I didn't have the default item set properly configured. Thanks!
  10. forzabo

Force equip item after dropping equipped item?

So I've got a throwable item that, when equipped, the character can toss or simply drop. All that is working fine. When the character tosses the throwable, he is then automatically equipped with the default item that I've set for him -- that's the behavior I want and expect. However, when he...
  11. forzabo

Grenades not colliding

After further experimentation and hair pulling, as far as I can tell the only layer the grenade will impact is Default, no matter what settings I twiddle. I must be missing something obvious. Here are my settings. First, the grenade item attached to the character: next, the throwable grenade...
  12. forzabo

Grenades not colliding

Update #2: it is everything to do with the layer as you surmised -- when I change the layer of the scene items to Default, the grenade bounces as expected. But the weird thing is I have the grenade specified to also react to my custom layer (interior_unbaked) and that's what's not working. :/ weird.
  13. forzabo

Grenades not colliding

Update: I copied all the settings from the demo which led nowhere. Then I tested my character in a stripped down scene, and the grenade is working as expected (!) Damn. Now to figure out what the heck is special about my scene that is causing this!
  14. forzabo

Grenades not colliding

So this gets to where I'm confused: Where do I find settings for the throwable item? I created a grenade object per the docs, isn't that the "throwable item?" if not, how do I create a throwable item? thanks
  15. forzabo

How to change default movement speed

a couple of things: You probably want to be polling Input.GetKey() (not GetKeyDown) -- GetKeyDown only returns true on the first frame that the key press is detected. Instead of else (which will reset the value every frame) you probably instead want to poll for keyUp and just change it one...