Recent content by DanielGerberApps

1. D

Player Not Dying When Health <= Zero

Thank you all! I'll give that a try.
  2. D

So, what is the use case behind the "Auto Update Value Type" for the health field? It sounds like reducing health via the attribute manager is pointless for my use case (getting poisoned) because I need to apply actual damage via another (new) component. Meaning, I should just write a new...
  3. D

@jandd661 @Justin In theory I understand what you're saying, but I am failing to see why I would need to add additional calls to the Damage method. The player's health is being damaged...he just does not die. Please see gif below. The health bar runs out and I can still control the player.
  4. D

@jandd661 Apologies for the confusion - I'll clarify: When the player collides with an object, a state is set in the Attribute Manager which causes the "Auto Update Value Type" to become enabled with a value of "Decreasing." At runtime, when the player collides with this object the state is...
  5. D

@jandd661 The player correctly ragdolls when killed by an enemy agent, however the player does not ragdoll when health hits 0 due to "Auto Update Value Type" set to decreasing
  6. D

@Justin Yes, the player has the Ragdoll ability and when killed by an enemy agent it works correctly.
  7. D

Hello! I've set up a state on the player's Attribute Manager where the Auto Update Value Type is set to "Decreasing" and I set this state when the player collides with a certain object. All of this is working, however the player does not die when its health is less than or equal to zero. I've...
  8. D

Convert 2+ AI Agents from Solo to Teammate

By selecting the agent in the Hierarchy, setting the Waypoints size in the Behavior Tree component, and dragging in waypoints from the Hierarchy to the Element slots
  9. D

@Justin Thank you for clarifying the agents' logic in terms of determining enemies to attack. You were correct - while the root agent object had the right layer, the collider beneath it was set to the wrong layer which is why the agents were attacking one another. In terms of the waypoints...
  10. D

@Justin I am wondering if something is corrupt behind the scenes. I am still unable to prevent the agents from acting as teammates, and I noticed that whenever I deselect/reselect an agent in the Hierarchy View, its waypoints are set back to 0.
  11. D

I also tried setting the Teammates size to 1 for each of the agents, and listing the other agent as "Element 0" (for each of the agents). But they still attacked one another. Is this a necessary step, or am I on the wrong track?
  12. D

So I've managed to resolve the remaining console errors. The final errors were a result of the Team Index - I was treating it as an ID as opposed to an array index, my mistake! Now no errors are thrown but the agents are attacking each other. Both have "Add To Team" enabled and both have a Team...
  13. D

The TeamManager object was being created at runtime so I did not create one separately. Per your post, I've copied it from runtime and pasted into the scene so that it's always present. For the AI agent I selected "Add To Team" and entered "10" for the "Team Index" but I'm now getting this...
  14. D

There may be a race condition involved - starting and stopping the scene described several times, and sometimes no errors are thrown
  15. D

I set the External Behavior back to Solo and everything worked fine. I then switched it to Team and got the same error message. Digging deeper I found that teamIndex = -1 which is what's blowing up m_FormationGroups[teamIndex].Count I'm continuing to dig, but any idea what might be causing this?