Recent content by AndrzejGieralt

1. A

How do you get the opsive first person controller to interact with triggers?

I got it to work, turns out I was checking the wrong tag -_- sorry! Thanks for your patience.
  2. A

Hmm, I was unable to get triggers to fire because the rigid body is not on the same game object as the collider though. I suppose I must be missing something or doing something wrong.
  3. A

Hi! As the title reads, I'm having trouble getting the character controller to interact with triggers because the rigid body is on the main object, but the capsule collider is generated on a child object. I tried various configurations of adding a rigidbody to the capsule collider, disabling...
  4. A

Trouble with states for running and crouching

I see, thank you. I have several questions about this for clarification. How can I add a new state to the speed change ability that is only active under certain conditions? It seems that when you crate a new state using a preset, you can activate it using an action, for example Crouch (which I...
  5. A

Trouble with states for running and crouching

Hello! What is the correct way to make use of the states in the character controller? There are so many options it is quite a lot to take in! What I'd like to do is have the player not be able to run while crouched, slow down while crouched, and be able to run/sprint while standing. I tried 2...
  6. A

Split up the camera from Opsive functionality

I see, thank you - this will take some research I suppose, I don't know how these integrate into the system and I don't see any references to view types on the generated game object. If I figure this out maybe it will be what I need.
  7. A

Split up the camera from Opsive functionality

Hello! I just started using opsive to not have to worry about player movement and to integrate it with Rewired. However, I'd really like to have full control over the camera because of the way I'm using to doing camera animations. What I'd like to do is have it hooked up to an empty, have the...