Recent content by allstar602

1. A

Auto equip with dropping and unequipping items

Hello, I was wondering if there was a built-in mechanism for items that re-equips the previous item when the current item is either dropped/removed from the inventory. My character uses a melee weapon as it's primary item and is able to pick up one other item. In some cases, the object...
  2. A

Transfer items between inventories

Thanks Andrew. I appreciate the response. Everything looks good on my end in regards to place-able items, so I will mark this as solved. Thanks again.
  3. A

Thanks Justin. Awesome, I actually implemented something similar to this! I created a PlaceableItem component that holds a prefab for the placed item and I add this component to the Item. This allows me to dynamically spawn objects and place them on the target object. I am using the interact...
  4. A

Hello, I am unsure if this is possible with the item and inventory system, but my goal is to transfer an item from the player's inventory / item slot to another object. For example, the player is holding a place-able object like a statue and the goal is to place it on a stand. At first, I...
  5. A

Camera Controller: Switching Targets

@Justin Thanks for the suggestion. I spent a couple days learning the View Type system and implementing my own. I figured out I could take advantage of the "Transition" view type to smoothly move the camera to the new character. So I lock the view, switch the character, and switch back to the...
  6. A

Camera Controller: Switching Targets

Hello, In my game, I switch between different Character Controllers as one of our main mechanics. I am using the Camera Controller's Character property to swap to the new character. Here is a snippet: CameraController cameraController =...