Grenades are Trajectory Objects that can destroy themselves after they collide with an object or a set amount of time. They are thrown by the ThrowableItem component and can explode in the character’s hand if they aren’t thrown fast enough.
A new grenade can be created by performing the following:
- Open the Object Manager and create a new object of type Grenade.
- A Capsule Collider will be added to the shell by the Object Manager. A Sphere Collider can also be used if the shell is more spherical.
- Adjust the Grenade values to match the type of grenade. In most cases only the Spawned Objects On Destruction value will need to be adjusted.
- Assign the prefab to the Throwable Item that should throw it. This is assigned to the Thrown Object field under the Throw foldout:
Destroy On Collision
Should the grenade be destroyed when it colliders with another object? Most grenades will have this option set to false.
The amount of time after a collision that the object should be destroyed.
Spawned Objects On Destruction
The objects which should spawn when the object is destroyed. Each element within this array has the following options:
- Object: the object that should be spawned
- Probability: the likelihood that the object will be spawned (0 – 1). A higher value means it is more likely to be spawned.
- Random Spin: should a random spin be applied to the object after it has spawned?
The length of time before the grenade destructs.
A reference to the pin that is removed before the character throws the object (can be null).