Zombie AI Hunger Attribute

MissBig

Hi, I am working on a complex Zombie AI using behavior Designer and UCC. I was wondering how would I do a hunger attribute, Like hunger starts at 100 then it decreases down. Is there a simple way of doing this. Maybe if possible without scripting.

Sure, you could just add a hunger attribute on your zombies. Check out https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/attributes/decrease. Then you could have them go into a frenzy mode and rush your player when it bottoms out or something like that. No scripting required for the attribute, but you can access it pretty simply via the api methods at the bottom of the page.

*Edit to fix the link
Thank you for replying. I will try that once BD and UCC start working for me.

Hi, I still need to know this. I added hunger to the attribute manager on the zombie but how will I be able to get that value to use in Behavior Designer.

I have seen that but it's not what I am looking for. I have an attribute of hunger so how will I get that Hunger attribute value through Behavior Designer. I have watched that tutorial a lot of times.

It's exactly what you're looking for. Do you have the UCC behaviors integrations installed? It works the same way he checks the players health since it's an attribute. If you have the UCC integrations for BD just assign a Get Attribute Value action, make a variable, specify a target game object and your attribute name and you're done.1214

Last edited: