XR Setup for Unity 2019.3 for WMR.

Brasidas

Hi there!

I would like to know what is the recommended setup settings for using the VR Add-on with Windows Mixed Reality (Odyssey+).

Since WMR is fully integrated within Unity XR, I thought it wouldn't be an issue at all with the VR Add-on. However, I notice that getting the player's hand inputs is much more difficult than expected (note that I have selected the Oculus input as baseline setup).

For example, I tried to re-orient the teleport "perform button movement" by adding "Right Hand Trigger" as "Element 2", since WMR does not have any "near touch" capabilities. Although the hand animation works, the trigger does not register.
CaptureTeleport.JPG

CaptureTeleportPlayerInputSetting.JPG

Perhaps I am missing something obvious, so I would much appreciate your advice on how to proceed.

Thank you very much!

Brasidas

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't have a WMR headset so I'm not able to help too much. Have you found a button mapping for your headset? If Rewired supports it then it's probably easiest to just use Rewired.

Brasidas

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your reply. I have not yet been able to obtain any input result from the Hand Trigger nor the Index Trigger on the WMR Controllers. However, per your advice, I have now downloaded the trial version of Rewired to see if it can circumvent this issue.

Perhaps this table might be of assistance: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/xr_input.html

I will let you know in the next few days if Rewired works.

Thanks!
Brasidas

Brasidas

Hi Justin,

Just to let you know that the absence of input from the Hand Trigger and Index Trigger was related to having the finger abilities activated (it was set by default). I believe it might be due to the fact that these are Oculus-only abilities (which somehow prevent other triggers from being registered).

Rewired wasn't of much help unfortunately but at least triggers work now, so that's a pretty good start!

Thanks again!
Brasidas