When creating a character can I change it's default position from X0 Y0 Z0?

Hey everyone, so I've been creating a scene initially without a character controller. Just basically enjoying being creative and building an environment and now I want to use the UCC that I bought a while a go. The terrain I have created (which now has many 3D objects on top of it) is for some reason nowhere near XYZ position 0, 0 ,0 so when I create Nolan and have him as a game object, Nolan appears at 0, 0, 0. I can move him onto terrain but what I'm not understanding is, if I move him from 0, 0, 0 as I try out all of the steps to give him his weaponry, nothing will line up so I have to have him at 0, 0, 0 and therefore I have created a plane underneath him just so he doesn't fall into infinity and beyond.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to move him (so he's on terrain) and then as I create his demo abilities (weapons etc) not have to worry about moving him back to 0, 0, 0.

Hopefully this makes sense. Otherwise I guess I have to concentrate on sorting out all of weaponry etc and then once done, finally move him onto terrain.

Sorry if this is such a noob thing to ask but I am a beginner.

Many thanks

Jono

Something WIP I created yesterday for a bit of fun that needs Nolan to have a walk about in to test things! :)Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 03.28.48.png

Last edited:
I don't fully understand - you've got character items setup that are not part of the character's transform hierarchy, that you can't move around in the scene view together? Generally speaking all of the character's items etc. will all be a child of the character object.

In any case, I'd recommend taking a look at spawn points and the respawner system in general, which you can use to smoothly "spawn" the character at a specific location.