Weird issue when following the tutorial

Requiem

Hi,

I was working through the tutorial videos to try and understand how the Ultimate Character Controller works, and I ran into an issue after setting up my assault rifle.

Once I got the positioning corrected as shown in the video I noticed that the left hand does not seem to follow the item when aiming up and down and just seems to tilt slightly.

The other issue I am noticing is that when I "fire" the animation repeats and there seems to be no way for me to slop it.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

That is a new one :)

What happens if you disable the CharacterIK component? It's almost like a non-dominant target has been set: https://opsive.com/support/document...er-controller/items/perspective/third-person/

The other issue I am noticing is that when I "fire" the animation repeats and there seems to be no way for me to slop it.
Is the Use ability set to stop with Button Up?

It may be easier to first remove the assault rifle and try going through the video again - if something doesn't match up exactly as you are following the video then I would go back in the video until it does. If you also post at what time things look differently I can say what may be going wrong.

When I disable the CharacterIK component on Nolan it prevents the up and down movement of the weapon as the camera moves up and down. Is that intended?

Button down it set to start it and button up to stop it, but it never detects the button up.

Stupidly I never looked at the console to see if I was getting any errors and I did get this:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Item.IsActive () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Item.cs:556)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.ItemHandler.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/ItemHandler.cs:39)