weird behavior using dialogue system integration with ucc character

fdbProductions

1. Character Controller Type : Ultimate Character Controller

2. Unity Version 2180 2.14f1

3. Using Dialogue System integration with ucc. It works fine, just that the camera seems unhook (shows different view. only one camera in the scene.) every time I start a conversation with quest npc. The camera drop on the floor away from the character.

So on the Converse ability. I uncheck the property: detach camera.

Capture.PNG

But that has no effect. So in the code of the Converse class , we set the m_DetachCamera to false by default

And removed a condition the *if around

if (m_DetachCamera)

{

EventHandler…… (m_GameObject, "OnCameraAttachCharacter", null);

}

This didn’t fixed it directly.

When I reproduce the behavior I let the game run then disable and enable the camera from the editor, camera is restored to normal on the ucc character. That will be my workaround kinda for now
4. Steps to Reproduce

Install the converse integration from dialogue package and setup on ucc toon

Create a conversation to an npc

Start the conversation using dialogueSystem.proximity selector

5. The full error message (if any)

No error messages. Just the behavior I described above.

Let me know if you want pics or detail. @Matt C. knows about it.

The Dialogue System integration was created by Pixel Crushers - please contact them for support and then if it's related to the Ultimate Character Controller Tony will let me know.

Hi @fnbProductions - Are you using the latest version of the Dialogue System integration for UCC? If possible, please update to the latest versions of UCC, Dialogue System, and the integration.

These are the steps I tested, and the camera seems to behave correctly:

1. Opened the example scene (Opsive UCC Dialogue Example).

2. Private Hart (NPC): Added a Usable component.

3. Nolan (player): Added a Proximity Selector and a Sphere Collider (Is Trigger=true, Radius=3).

Then I played the scene, moved to Private Hart, and pressed the space bar to start the conversation.

Hi Tony, I found my problem. I revisit the demo and my test scene and dialogue system doc.

I found that my main camera wasn't tag'd MainCamera.

mainCam.PNG

So the dialogue system sequencer spawn a new camera when conversation starts and switch to it.

cam2.PNG

I usually have console information off .:( hehe the hint was

cam3.PNG

So its all good now and works perfectly. I need to check my tags :) .

thanks for your time.