Weapon Attachments Configuration for UFPS/FPC

just a heads up but i'm super excited to see it, i'll def pick it up once it comes out. i've been meaning to make something very similar and even if yours doesn't end up working for my needs it'll be a hell of a jumping off point to see how expandable the ucc weapon system can be made. Much luck on that, i know the thread is quiet but i'm getting email alerts for it and i'll be there when it launches!

Though i am curious as to what the issues with the third person controller are. is it largely dealing with the different way the spring system works on the TPS? some perspective thing?

I just wanted to give you guys an update on where things are, at tthe moment. I'm a little behind in getting the UI written, and had to go back and update some components for compatibility reasons. I'm working on the UI Integration into UFPS v2 for fire-modes, and that's pretty much done. I had to stop work for a while, due to some medical issues, due to my disability, but am getting back on track now. I hoipe to have some new screen shots soon.

I wanted to give everyone a status update on the project. I had some unexpected delays over the holidays, but have resumed work. I am currentlly on hold with script development, as the assets I planned to use from another developer are no longer availble for me to include, so I'm having to build them all by hand in in 3ds max, with a 30 day eval i downloaded. Iam just finishing up on the Grenade Launcher and the Master Key shotgun, and these will all be included with the package. Feel free to use them, modify them. Theyre pretty low poly, but I'm doing my best to make them somewaht presentable.

I hope to have another update in a couple of weeks. I've kept Opsive up to date on my progress, so their aware of the delays.

Happy New Year everybody!!!

No prob bud, that def sounds like a pain in the ass. Really just the functionality is key here, people are going to replace all the assets anyway, so you really could get away with just some floating rectangles guns, as long as it shows off the functionality. though that may not look brillaint in screenshots, and clearly i don't know if there like a level of asset-quality that opsive wants if their name's gonna be on it. But as long as it works then i'd say not to worry that much about it. Regardless, best of luck!

As promised, here is a screenshot of the first version of Weapon attachments i will be including with this addon.

3 Versions of the ACOG (Standard, 1 with Alternate Statis Sight, and 1 with RMR mount - I still have to model this.)
1 Holographic Sight
1 Red Dot Sight
1 Reflex Sight
1 Sight Magnifier
1 Bayonet,
1 Tac Light
1 Laser Sight
1 Collapsable Butt-stock
1 Pivoting Butt-Stock
1 Grenade Launcher
1 Master Key
1 Fore Grip
1 Flash Hider
1 Compensator
1 Muzzle Brake
1 Suppressor

I have seperate materials for all, but none are UV Mapped (Im still learning that part). I still have to fix their Transforms when going from 3DS Max to Unity, and will have that fixed before v1 launches, sometime in the next month or so.

Enjoy!!

Attachments

• OTG_WeaponAttachments_v1.png
    OTG_WeaponAttachments_v1.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 30
Here's a screen shot of the Assault Rifle that's included with UFPS/First Person Controller, along with the following Attachments:

• Solid Butt Stock
  • 100 Round Drum Magazine
  • Fore Grip
  • Tactical Flash Light
  • Compensator
I'm updating the scripts now, since the 3D Work is now done. I'm hoping tro have the updated scripts finished in the next couple of weeks!

Attachments

• M4_Weapon_With_Attachments_Example.png
    M4_Weapon_With_Attachments_Example.png
    404.3 KB · Views: 19
Here's the finalized set of Weapon Attachments that will launch with the first release of the Weapon attachments System for UFPS

From Top to Bottom, Left to Right

Ammunition Source Attachments
  • Standard Magazine
  • Extended Magazine
  • Drum Magazine

Barrel Attachments
  • Bayonet
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Shotgun

Butt Stock Attachments
  • Pivoting Butt Stock
  • Collapsible Butt Stock
  • Solid Butt Stock

Combination Sight Attachments
  • 2x Holographic Sight
  • 2x Red Dot Sight
  • 2x Reflex Sight
  • 3x Reflex Sight
  • 4x ACOG (With 1x Static Sight)
  • 4x ACOG (With 1x RMR Sight)

Simple Magnified Sight Attachments
  • 6x Scope
  • 4x ACOG
  • 1.5x Reflex Sight

Muzzle Attachments
  • Suppressor
  • Muzzle Brake
  • Flash Hider
  • Compensator

Non-Magnified Sight Attachments
  • 1x RMR (Flush Mount)
  • 1x RMR (Picatinny Mount)
  • 1x Reflex Sight
  • 1x Red Dot Sight
  • 1x Holographic Sight

Rail Attachments
  • Fore Grip
  • Tactical Flash Light
  • Laser Sight

Attachments

• Finalized Weapon Attachments_Example.png
    Finalized Weapon Attachments_Example.png
    516.2 KB · Views: 20
Here is an updated Screen shot for the Assault Rifle - Sample Configuration Scene. I'm still playing catch up from some computer down time I had a few weeks back. I appreciate everyone's patience!

Attachments

• WAS_AssaultRifle_SampleConfigurationScene.png
    WAS_AssaultRifle_SampleConfigurationScene.png
    300.7 KB · Views: 17
My wife was very happy to point out that I misspelled 'Assault', so I present to you the 'Assaul Rifle'. Ive fixed this, and will be posting an updated vidoe in the next 24 hours, along with additional fixes and improvements.

:)

I love this! how will it be intergrated with UCC?
Right now, the planned integration is only for the UCC/UFPS/FPC aspects of the controller. The Third Person aspect, currently, wouldn't benefit from the Asset System itself. It's going to be a physical purchase of the Asset, at !15.00, and once purchased, there will be a package download on the Asset Store for UFPS/FPS integration.

The use and management of the weapon attachments will be utilized through UCC Player Abilities, and based on the weapon configuration, certain Weapon States will need to be modified, such as Weapon Sway, Barrel Rise, Recoil, Fire Mode.

The use of Bayonet Attachments will require the Melee Weapon action which exists only in the supported Firest Person Controller, and Ultimate Character Controller

Here is another updated video. This is where the UI will now reflect what attachments have been selected, as well as if they are activated or not.

Weapon Attachments System Demo for Unity (v3)

I am running behind, due to some personal issues, but am working hard to get back on track. Also, I know the icons are really cheesy looking, and I''l definitely want to get them updated!

:)

Here is the latest progress for the Weapon Attachments System.

Weapon Attachments System Demo for Unity (v4)

• I've cleaned up the status icons
  • I've added in status monitors for Sights with Alternate Sight Attachments (Static, Reflex)
  • I've updated the Activate/Deactivate logic for using Sights with Alternate Sight Attachments
  • The Bayonet, will be removed from view when it is deactivated and vice-versa when it is activated
  • I've also fixed the issue with the Demo Active/Deactivate buttons not going to the proper color after deactivating an attachment.
As of today, I've gotten enough of the back-end finished to finally start re-writing the integration with UCC/UFPS v2.3.2

I don't expect any issues with prior versions of UCC/UFPS, but will keep an eye out for this.

I'm still targeting $15.00, and hope to get the first iteration out soon.

I just wanted to give everyone an update on where I am in regards to this WIP. I had to take a couple of weeks off, due to some personal issues, and I know I'm bahind. I am getting back into the swing of things, now, and am still working on the integration. I hopw to have a new video, updated with sound effects within the next week or so.

Rob