• We are looking for a content creator to help market our assets and a future unannounced project. More details are on this page.

Weapon Attachments Configuration for UFPS/FPC

rkeown

So, just got off the phone with my doctors, and things look better thatn thought. No hopsitalization needed. I'll be starting an albuterol inhaler in the next day or so for a couple of months.

Thanks for listening. It was and is still that scariest medical occurrence both my wife and I had gone through.

Rob

rkeown

I'm getting back on my feet, slowly, but surely. I'm taking the next few days to re-orient myself with normal day to day activities. Still not out of the woods completely, but i can tell i'm starting to get better as the days progress. My wife's doing better, she had to go back to work as of this morning, but luckily from home for the next few weeks.

I hope everyone had a safe, realizing and enjoyable holidays!

Here's to 2022, and finally getting a working weapon attachments system released!

Please stay safe, stay healthy, and keep on creating!!!

Happy Early New Year everyone!

rkeown

I know I'm still really far behind, but I'm hoping to have more accurate dates available within the next few days.

I'm working as efficiently as I possible can, these days. It's been a long time since I've worked with Unity's GUI, and I'm still wiring up configurations, for trying to make this as streamlined as possible.

Rob

rkeown

I'm having to make some changes to the first release of v0.0.4. The first iteration will include all Attachment Types, except for Bayonets, Bi-pods, Launchers and Shotguns. Whats been causing delays currently is that I ran into Serialization issues with the Game Configurations and User Configurations. Game Configuration's will only be editable in the Editor. The Attachment Controller will be comprised of a Game Attachment Configuration and User Attachment Configuration (User Customizable Settings applied over top of the Game Attachment Configuration).

I'm running into some issues with how they're functions while I am testing.

My Road-map will be as follows, for the time being.

v0.0.4 (In Progress) - Fore Grips, Hand Guards (Rail Integration Systems), Lasers, Lights, Muzzles, Sights and Stocks, with limited UI Elements
v0.0.5 (T.B.D.) - Shotgun Attachments
v0.0.6 (T.B.D.) - Launcher Attachments
v0.0.7 (T.B.D.) - Bayonet Attachments
v0.0.8 (T.B.D.) - Bi-pod Attachments
v0.0.9 (T.B.D.) - Finalizing UI Elements
v1.0.0 (T.B.D.) - Hopefully before Unity 2035.1 is released...

I still have yet to determine a first attempt at release. I'm not expecting it to be perfect the very initial release, but it at least needs to be functional and user friendly. Each iterative release, until v1.0.0 will hopefully be less than 3-4 weeks after the previous release.

I've haven't been able to work everyday on development, due to some medical issues (Non-covid related), and am working to get back to being on daily.

Rob

rkeown

I didn't mean to disappear on everybody; however, I had to replace 2 video cards and 1 ups system, and have been down for quite some time. My UPS system decided to short out one night, and take 2 video cards with it. Unfortunately, the UPS was about 4 years out of warranty, and didn't qualify for the System Protection Policy up to x amount of $, so I ended up having to pay out of pocket, and because it was a device failure, it wouldn't have qualified for a home insurance claim. Long story short, I'm almost back up and running, and finally getting around to resolving the Serialization Issues.

A lot of my equipment is/was old (Back from 2013), and I'm trying to replace it, it's just difficult to on disability. I'm still running on old FX Processors, 1600 MHz DDR3 memory, etc. Some have asked my why I don't set up a donations button via paypal on my website, and it's because I'm not comfortable accepting money at this point, because I have to keep moving the goal post and being so far behind on a project. It just doesn't feel right. I know what it's like to be burned by publishers that sell a project on the Asset Store, and then it disappears within x number of months, or the developer goes dark and doesn't provide updates. I feel like I've been unreliable over these last 12+ months.

I appreciate the patience, and you guys really are being patient. I'm hoping to get fully back up and running in the next week or so.

rkeown

As of this late evening. I am scripting the Attachment Creators which will allow you to introduce your own attachments into the system. This can only be done within the Editor, for now. I still haven't been able to work on my sight, as I've been heads down on updating all of the logic and fixing the animation issues that I ran into before.

Rob