Weapon aiming animations on idle fps characters seen from other viewpoints

Cheo

Hello, when an fps character is standing idly while holding a weapon like an assault rifle in first person view, he is seen in an aiming animation when seen from another character or a render cam. Generally in fps games the standard weapon holding weapon animations are seen as normal in their universes, meaning that other npcs don't necessarily act threatened and it's as though the weapon was not actually drawn. I think UCC's demo character should reflect that and only play his aiming animation when the player is actually pressing the aiming input, regardless of the perspective. I haven't looked into that but I'm sure a simple Animator parameter change should be enough to fix that.

I am going back and forth on this one. It can be adjusted by having the aim ability start when in first person view, or by adjusting the animator. When the weapon is facing forward in a first person view they aren't in the total aim state since a button isn't pressed to have the character aim. When the character is in aiming state the first person camera changes position/field of view and it's more of a true aiming state, which then also plays the aiming animation.

In order for it to be 100% accurate there would be two different aiming animations, one more relaxed compared to the other. We don't have those animations so I think that I am going to keep it as it is for now, but you're right in that it would be good to have more animations with the soft aiming versus hard aiming states.

In order for it to be 100% accurate there would be two different aiming animations, one more relaxed compared to the other. We don't have those animations so I think that I am going to keep it as it is for now, but you're right in that it would be good to have more animations with the soft aiming versus hard aiming states.
Just chipping in here, this is an issue ever since v2. I have noted where and why, I totally agree that as of a standard this should be applied. It can actually be resolved via UCC built in event callbacks I would assume and did do previously.... saving anything extra needing to be sent