VR Add on hands way off center

I just made a brand new project, reinstall of UCC 2.1.6 from store. Downloaded new VR Add On, setup etc and when I run the demo my right and left controllers are about 2M offset in the X direction and offset in Y as well. I was literally working with the beta this morning and all was fine. Unity 2019.2.01, OpenVR (did not try Oculus yet), standard Vive controllers (Did not try Index). The only things I have installed are Ultimate Char Controller and VR Add On. No SteamVR Plugin etc. Everything works just hands tracking above my head to the left.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
In the released version I had to switch to a new method to getting the hand positions because Unity deprecated InputTracking.GetLocalPosition in 2019.2. The hands are positioned within HandHandler.UpdateLocation - can you add some logging to determine what value is incorrect?

One way to get started is to draw a ray at the position returned by VRInputTracker:

Code:
            Debug.DrawRay(position, Vector3.up, Color.red);

I don't know where you'd want to see a ray? I think the hands are correct, the VR camera is off. The camera centers on the FirstPersonCharacter even though that is not where it is in the real space. Using the beta my Char would be at say 0,0,0 and the camera was offset from that. The VR Camera says it's position is -1.9, .7, -.5 however it is literally at the center of the char controller on top of the collider. So I am pretty certain its something with camera and not the hands at all. The camera is not where the node says it should be.

Edit: The VRCameraPivot is getting values? When I set it to 0,0,0 all is right, or at least very close.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.. I see what happened. I'll do a quick update to fix this. I'll just update the existing version rather than doing a completely new release since that's more involved and not too many people have downloaded this version yet. I'll update the announcement post when it's live.