Version 3.0.7 and Add-On Updates

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The link below has information on the latest version of the character controller.

The following add-ons were also updated:

Some files were moved from the PUN add-on to the character controller package so you should update in the following order:

1. Remove the PUN add-on.
2. Update the character controller.
3. Import the PUN add-on again.

All updates are first released on the Opsive Store and I wait to release on the Asset Store if it's a bigger change to make sure everything goes smoothly. In this case there was a serialization change so I am waiting a bit.

Hi @Justin please check line 60 of DefineCompilerSymbols, It should be changed to
C#:
            var multiplayerExists = TypeUtility.GetType("Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Networking.Character.NetworkCharacterLocomotionHandler") != null;

Leaving this here in case others run into any troubles with it.

Cheers

Hi @Justin please check line 60 of DefineCompilerSymbols, It should be changed to
C#:
            var multiplayerExists = TypeUtility.GetType("Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Networking.Character.NetworkCharacterLocomotionHandler") != null;

Leaving this here in case others run into any troubles with it.

Cheers
Thanks, that's a good catch. I'll do an update now with the same version number that makes that change. With this setup the symbol will always be enabled since that component has moved. I'll come up with a better way for the next update to prevent it from always being defined (though it being defined doesn't hurt anything).