Version 2 Feature Requests

nathanj

Hi Justin,

When you get back to developing BD2, I have to optimistic requests.

1. A demonstration of using BD with an out of the box animator from the asset store, possibly Kubold's Movement Pack. I think this would be a great example for getting users to set up realistic(ish) looking AI without the overhead of having a bunch of UCC driven NPCs.

2. Would it be possible to have agents not require Navmesh? Thinking for things like swimming and flying AI.

Been a while since I used BD but have a few uses for it in new projects so I'll likely be adding to this list ;)

Thanks again
Nathan

1. A demonstration of using BD with an out of the box animator from the asset store, possibly Kubold's Movement Pack. I think this would be a great example for getting users to set up realistic(ish) looking AI without the overhead of having a bunch of UCC driven NPCs.
Or.. Omni Animation animations :)

2. Would it be possible to have agents not require Navmesh? Thinking for things like swimming and flying AI.
This subject is related to 3D pathfinding and it's an asset in its own right. Similar to version 1 for v2 Behavior Designer isn't going to do any pathfinding and instead use other implementations.

When I get time, maybe not very soon, but I will share some tasks for you, I have done this via pure code myself back in the day for many NPC, yep flying animal too + flocking and landing behaviour etc (crows, and you could shhot them which went to stats). I have already seen some ways of achieving this in BD already, and developed some extra tasks It will be a piece of cake really but hard to give an example off hand.

from discord, I also suggested these features. I think this will improve huge productivity when editing nodes.
----

1. I wish behaviour designer has a align button(same as photoshop or illustrator) like this :

1683690700073.png

2. there should be a changing a parent all at once when selecting multiple children tasks. For now, it doesn't affect whether Im selecting multiple tasks or single one. I have to drag each child task one by one.

A change should be like this :

1683690853317.png

Last edited:
@Justin

Sorry to bother you but curious about the development of BD 2. I imagine you are pretty busy with Omni right now but any idea if BD 2 will be released tis year?

And, do you plan on having an update system (like in UCC) for projects created with BD 1?

Yeah, version 2 unfortunately won't be this year. It's just too big of a project to think that it's going to get done this year. I am not sure what the migration structure will be for version 1 to 2. It would be nice to be able to migrate the version 1 trees but I am not sure how fesable that is. I am not going to limit the version 2 feature set just to allow for migration.

Cool, thanks for the info, that helps with planning. I agree that it’s not worth compromising the potential to make it comparable with v1.