Version 2.4.1 Released

Looks like some issues spawned. After the update in the same scene as in 2.3.6, at first mouse got impossibly sensitive and game started to lag intensively / jitter on more CPU intensive angles. Before 2.4.1 it was around the same framerate (with the exception of sniper rifle as shown) but the view didn't lag the controller.
Now it behaves like this:
Note how the weapon jitters. Also, sniper rifle seems extremely unusable, could probably benefit from some optimization.
Before updating, Opsive/Shared and Opsive/UltimateCharacterController were removed as instructed, then Installation performed.
Oversensitive mouse was fixed by rebuilding the character through Character Manager. Although it still might be a little faster than in 2.3.6.
The issue is present on every character previously working normally. Might not be noticeable in demo scene as it's very light cpu/gpu-wise, but I say it's there too. Movement slows down when something more complex is in the view.

Oh, one more thing:
In 2.3.6 on the same scene the movement and rotation of the UFPS was very jittery when in FixedUpdate mode. The only way to fix it I found was to set Update instead. Now it's that way too, but Update is a little jittery as well.

Last edited:
Looks like some issues spawned. After the update in the same scene as in 2.3.6, at first mouse got impossibly sensitive and game started to lag intensively / jitter on more CPU intensive angles. Before 2.4.1 it was around the same framerate (with the exception of sniper rifle as shown) but the view didn't lag the controller.
Now it behaves like this:
You should adjust the sensitivity within PlayerInput. In this version the mouse movement is now correctly adjusted to be framerate independent and as a result the sensitivity is too high for prior versions in FixedUpdate.

If you continue to have issues please create a new thread and we'll be able to help.

You should adjust the sensitivity within PlayerInput. In this version the mouse movement is now correctly adjusted to be framerate independent and as a result the sensitivity is too high for prior versions in FixedUpdate.

If you continue to have issues please create a new thread and we'll be able to help.
Oh, that's very weird because exactly opposite happened to me. Before it was independent for me, now obviously slows down. Ok, I'll maybe delete everything and reimport 2.4.1 then check again - and if that doesn't help, I'll post a thread, thank you.

Oh, that's very weird because exactly opposite happened to me. Before it was independent for me, now obviously slows down. Ok, I'll maybe delete everything and reimport 2.4.1 then check again - and if that doesn't help, I'll post a thread, thank you.
I'm experiencing the same issue in 2.4.5. Did you post a new thread on this that you could link me to? I'm using update for motor locomotion because fixedupdate creates other issues for me. I'm also using the new Unity Input System if that matters. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm experiencing the same issue in 2.4.5. Did you post a new thread on this that you could link me to? I'm using update for motor locomotion because fixedupdate creates other issues for me. I'm also using the new Unity Input System if that matters. Thanks!
I would update to the latest as it is working there. I'm not sure what release the final fix was in.