Version 1 suport

uvavoo

As my game is well on its way with considerable work already gone into it, I am a little nervous about upgrading to version 2. In fact Ihave decided not to at this point as I foresee a lot of work involved.
Therefore, my question is, has the old forum been archived anywhere? I get it you dont want to keep it open and answer new qustions, but it would be a valuable resource for people like myself (and there must be a few).??
Second question, how difficult would it be to convert a v1 chartacter to v2? Does V2 have all the abillities included in v1?

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Therefore, my question is, has the old forum been archived anywhere? I get it you dont want to keep it open and answer new qustions, but it would be a valuable resource for people like myself (and there must be a few).??
I have disabled it because that was the only way that I was able to figure out how the prevent new registrations. When I would simply disable the registration the setting wouldn't stick.

Second question, how difficult would it be to convert a v1 chartacter to v2? Does V2 have all the abillities included in v1?
It's a completely different beast so you have to start from scratch. The API has also changed. If you are towards the end of your game I recommend that you do not upgrade. The Asset Store page lists what abilities are included, not all of the old ones have an equivalent in version 2.