Variables Tab breaking with custom SharedVariables in Unity 2018.3.9f1

funbitesgames

I getting this error with Unity 2018.3.9f1 when I open the Variables tab:

ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.VariableInspector.FindAllSharedVariableTypes (System.Boolean removeShared) (at <0f49ef0acdbd44f8a5303100d11f8912>:0)

Then that interface does not draw and I receive a lot of Editor GUI errors.

I didn't had that problem before, but I believe it has to do with my SharedVariable implementations that are in Assembly that I created. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks!

It looks like you have an assembly that doesn't load correctly. I don't know of a better way to determine which assembly it is other than to create a fresh project and slowly add all of the assemblies in until you no longer receive that error.

I delete all my custom shared variables and I got the same error. That's wierd. In an empty project, the behaviour designer is working.

Now I'm getting this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.TempContent (System.String[] texts) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUIUtility.cs:803)
UnityEditor.EditorGUI.Popup (UnityEngine.Rect position, System.Int32 selectedIndex, System.String[] displayedOptions, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:6955)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.Popup (System.Int32 selectedIndex, System.String[] displayedOptions, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8087)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.VariableInspector.DrawHeader (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.IVariableSource variableSource, System.Boolean fromGlobalVariablesWindow, System.Single& variableStartPosition, System.String& variableName, System.Boolean& focusNameField, System.Int32& variableTypeIndex, System.Int32& selectedVariableIndex, System.String& selectedVariableName, System.Int32& selectedVariableTypeIndex) (at <0f49ef0acdbd44f8a5303100d11f8912>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.VariableInspector.DrawVariables (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.IVariableSource variableSource, BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource, System.String& variableName, System.Boolean& focusNameField, System.Int32& variableTypeIndex, UnityEngine.Vector2& scrollPosition, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Single]& variablePosition, System.Single& variableStartPosition, System.Int32& selectedVariableIndex, System.String& selectedVariableName, System.Int32& selectedVariableTypeIndex) (at <0f49ef0acdbd44f8a5303100d11f8912>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.VariableInspector.DrawVariables (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource) (at <0f49ef0acdbd44f8a5303100d11f8912>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.BehaviorDesignerWindow.DrawPropertiesBox () (at <0f49ef0acdbd44f8a5303100d11f8912>:0)

That bug does look like it could be related. If you can send me a PM with a repro scene I'll verify that it's not being caused on the BD side of things.