Variables editing for float and integer types is broken in Behavior Designer 1.7.3

DuskHen

This is an odd one.
After creating variables in an external tree I cannot edit integers and floats, cannot change the tooltip or the order in the list.
For all other types that I checked (string, bool, custom types, etc.) everything works as intended

Reproduced in version 1.7.3
Unity 2021.3.4f1

1661606816744.png

I wasn't able to reproduce this. Can you try a fresh project and see if the issue still persists? Do you have any other input devices connected? If you do then one of those devices may be causing the field to lose focus. You could also try updating to the latest version of Unity.

Unfortunately upgrading Unity didn't work. There are no devices, just a macbook with touchpad.
However, I realized one detail that might be causing the problem.
When I point at an integer or float variable, the cursor changes to slider so if I press and move the mouse left/right I can change the value.
When I point at other types of variables the cursor remains a regular pointer.
So perhaps this is what's causing it to lose focus? I attached a short screen grab to show what I mean.

Last edited:
Behavior Designer uses Unity's EditorGUILayout in order to draw the controls. This looks like it's a bug with those controls. Just for testing have you tried creating a new project and seeing if that works? What if you try another computer?

Hello Justin,
Yes, I created a new project from scratch to double check, no improvements. At the moment, I don't have another machine at my disposal to check if that a MacOS specific thing. However, I noticed one interesting thing.
In the video that I attached, the cursor turns into the value-change shape when I point at the float field. But if I slide the cursor onto that field slowly from the top, there is like a pixel-wide zone when the cursor doesn't turn into "change-value" and if clicked, the variable edit window opens. ?

I really wish that I could reproduce this to get a better idea of the cause. Is it all fields or just the variable field? Such as does the task inspector work?