Using the right stick to navigate through a ui component (grid view, hotbar, etc)

Lavos

Hi,
I am just wondering what is the best way to use the right stick instead of the left stick to navigate through a grid view or hotbar. I want to have grid views that can only be navigated by using the left stick and others using only the right stick. Any idea?

Last edited:
This currently is not supported. I can add it to my feature list to add a preference which allows you to specify the pan button index.

Ok thanks! I would like to try to implement it myself. Do you have any advice regarding the recommended way to do it?

I just reread your thread. Is this related to Behavior Designer? Or inventory? I was curious why you would want to change the navigation based on the tree but if it's inventory then I can move the thread

Oh yes! It is inventory! Sorry I am pretty sure I put it in the UIS section but maybe I made a mistake...
In some games, you can use the controller's right stick to navigate through an inventory bar for example. Right now, I can only use the left stick and I am wondering how to use the right stick.

The Inventory uses the standard Input Module for anything that is related to UI navigation.
You can setup your UI input to use both the right and left sitck or just the right stick.

It's more complicated if you wish to swap between the two depending on the UI selected. That would require some special code. You can have a look at the Item View Slots Container documentation to learn more about the Inventory UI and how to selected Item View Slots through code.

I see. That's also what I have understood from my investigation so far. I will create my own logic. Thank you for your help!