Using Move Towards Ability for Backstage Stealth

I am looking for a way to set up a "move towards trigger", which would enable the character to be able to move to a certain units back in the z axis, to the back of the 2.5D screen, similar in a way to Assasin's Creed China (check out 2:25) (or Mark of the Ninja), where the character would move slightly behind the scene using a certain hide animation, and cover behind a certain vertical surface when a use key is pressed only inside that trigger. This seems to be very similar to how the move towards ability is used to pass through the door, or to match in front of a button. When that key is pressed again, the character would return back to their last position.

Could you give me some hints on how to get started on creating such an ability. Would that be created as two separate abilities (one for moving to stealth position, and one back to 2.5D plane)? Also, do you think this would work while the line follow ability is still in effect, or would that have to be turned off during the course of this ability?

Thank you for your help.

Move Towards will always move the character in the direction that they are moving so I would create a separate ability for this. Since this is a pretty specific movement I would create a new ability specifically for this to handle both the positioning as well as the hiding.

I think I could start by just executing a slide to the left animation to see how that would work. My concern is that the line follow ability may interfere with this. Can I just override the line follow by placing it lower on the ability hierarchy, or do I need to override it in the code?

By line follow do you mean move towards? In this case I wouldn't use move towards at all because move towards will always have the character moving in the forward direction.

I meant "3rd Person Follow Pseudo3DPath". Does having that ability toggled (and have a linear path along x axis) deter an AI or player character from being able to move towards the Z axis.

Ah - no, that ability will always follow the path created. You'll want to disable the follow ability when your new ability is active.

Will it still interfere even if the follow path ability is lower than the stealth ability in the ability hierarchy? Won't the higher ability override the lower one? Or is this different for the follow path ability?