Using Different Arms

nitrox32

I'm trying to use different arms. I have used FPS Mesh to separate the arms from my character. From there I have set up a FPS character with the body that was separated from the arms. I run the scene and everything works as expected. I can move and see the feet of my character. At this point I go through the first person item creation video. After this the arms and item are visible in scene view as the image shows. However when I enter play mode the arms and item disapear in both the scene and the hierarchy. This first image is when not in play mode. The second is when in play mode.SceneView.JPGPlay Mode.JPG

It doesn't look like you are using the separate set of arms. The FPSMeshTool developer created a video which goes through the process:

Thanks for getting back to me. I did follow the video and was able to separate the arms. They look like they together because they are in their original position from the model. They are indeed separated. In the first picture they are listed as "palidin_arms". It's the last in the hierarchy. This is when the scene is not running. In the second picture the scene is running but arms disappear from the hierarchy.

After searching the forum I noticed there are others who have encountered similar problems. I'll check them out and ask additional questions if I need to. Thanks.