Use old school first person combat preset only while aiming down the sight

I would prefer my aiming down the sight function not to be so heavily influenced by my characters footsteps while walking. It makes shooting while moving and aiming at the same time too difficult. Attached below is my current state setup that doesn't function as intended.
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

What's not functioning as intended? Also I would imagine you should use "Aim" instead of "Zoom" for the state preset.

What's not functioning as intended? Also I would imagine you should use "Aim" instead of "Zoom" for the state preset.
"Zoom" in is relation to the main camera, and "Aim" is in relation to our playable character. When I say it's not working as intended, I'm trying to get an effect closer to the "old school" and/or "springs off" combat presets while holding down aim/zoom function (Right Mouse in this case). Using the "old school" and/or "springs off" combat presets gives weapons a lack of a "bobbing" effect while walking. I want this, but only while aiming the weapon. Once you're done aiming, the weapon would go back to "bobbing" in the first person view as normal.

When I attach these values from the old school first person perspective item preset to the M4A1 I have in-game, I'm still getting normal default values for:
Position move slide
Rotation look sway
Shake speed
Bob positional amplitude

What states are activated/deactivated when you are zooming? It looks like you need to adjust one of those presets in order to remove the spring forces.

What's being set in that "SpringsOffFirstP..." preset that's being activated on the weapon? That should be the preset that adjusts the FirstPersonPerspectiveItem's bob values.

Sorry to say I can't see any issues here... FirstPersonPerspectiveItem presets definitely work in the demo scene, too. Could you try reproducing this in the demo scene, copying over one thing at a time from your own project?

I think I found the problem...could it be due to the animator controller and avatar my arms use? My first person arms use the "Demo" animator controller, not "FirstPersonArmsDemo". The reason I have it this way was the FPS Mesh Tool (which I bought and use) Integration video from Opsive advises using the "Demo" animator controller when first setting up the arms. However, using the same animator controller and avatar as "Nolan's" first person arms results in a T-pose. No animations whatsoever.

For reference, here is the prefab settings on the arms from FPS Mesh Tool.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    141 KB · Views: 5
Animators and avatars shouldn't have any effect on the springs applied to first person perspective items