URP issue - weapon not visible after switching to InvisibleShadowCastorUniversalRP

tab

Hi,
I followed all the instructions for upgrading to URP.
I switched the shader to InvisibleShadowCastorUniversalRP, (without this, the gun and fp hands were shown in pink)
However, now I don't have any gun or bullet.
Any ideas what I missed?

(I completed the other steps which fixed the whole screen being blue issue)
  1. Added the OverlayForwardRendererData reference to universal render pipeline’s setting file.
    UniversalRPRendererList.png
  2. Changed the camera’s Renderer to the OverlayForwardRendererData

You don't want to switch the actual gun to the invisible shadow castor material. This is only for objects that should be invisible while in third person perspective.

I didn't add it to the gun... it's on the perspective monitor as per the instructions on the opsive support site

@tab I'm having issues similar to you, but I'm a little behind... Can you help?

1. how do you make or assign OverlayForwardRendererData? I don't know whether I have to create it or find somewhere? The documentation doesn't say how, and cant find in Unity docs either

2. I can't find 'InvisibleShadowCasterUniversalRP', I've imported UCC a few times but it's never there! I'm having 'Pink' issues because I don't have this material

@Justin I'm trying to follow your character creation vid with Synty characters and FPS mesh tool, hit getting stuck here.

@FMWFiremage thanks I just had a reply on discord saying the same thing.

It's annoying because I thought on that page were just asset shortcuts so you don't have to visit each one manually, didn't realise they are the actualy 'integration' packages!!

I'm getting on this right now should do the trick I guess! Thank you!

THanks @FMWFiremage that worked however...

Still having issues with 'items' and 'weapons', they're still pink. If I go through project files I can see all the materials are pink, but I can't change them at all. Can't access to change shaders to URP, and upgrading the entire project + reimport doesn't work either.

I could be wrong but it seems like all the items are still set to standard shaders and not using URP shader?

I didn't add it to the gun... it's on the perspective monitor as per the instructions on the opsive support site

Does your first person gun/arm have the Third Person Object component? If you take a screenshot of the components attached to your first person weapon I'll have a better idea, but that material is only swapped out for Third Person Objects. Your first person object should not contain the Third Person Object component.

Still having issues with 'items' and 'weapons', they're still pink. If I go through project files I can see all the materials are pink, but I can't change them at all. Can't access to change shaders to URP, and upgrading the entire project + reimport doesn't work either.

I could be wrong but it seems like all the items are still set to standard shaders and not using URP shader?
If the models are pink then you are still using the standard shaders. Besides the invisible shadow castor the rest of the shaders use the ones provided by Unity so you should be able to follow the standard URP upgrade process for those.

@Justin thanks, I have tried upgrading project to URp (despite already doing this multiple times) however it doesn't upgrade the item and weapon shaders.

Someone suggested it's because I didn't create my project initially as URP but rather began as started and then upgraded after improving UCC, can you confirm this would be why?

Still I managed to change to URP simple lit and apply texture so got there in the end

The weapons use the standard shader so you should be able to convert those. I'm not a URP expert though so in this case I recommend posting on the Unity forums to see if anybody knows why the shaders aren't updating.

The weapons use the standard shader so you should be able to convert those. I'm not a URP expert though so in this case I recommend posting on the Unity forums to see if anybody knows why the shaders aren't updating.
Hi @Justin I began the project fresh as a URP project, seem to have no issues, so that must've been it! I didn't know it was a thing so much better now!